Failproof seafood chowder recipe needed

catie61, Jun 12, 10:52pm
x1
do you have a really tasty, easy recipe I can use?

helpless, Jun 12, 10:59pm
Nope. . Do a soup (fishy, vegetable) and chuck the chopped fish in at the end. . Done.

holz22, Jun 13, 2:30am
Jo Seagar's recipe for seafood chowder is easy peasy and very tasty. Should be able to find it on google

ttwisty, Jun 13, 3:04am
smoked Seafood Chowder

200g smoked fish fillet
12 oysters
100g smoked mussels
1 onion, diced
250 ml cream
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp cornflour
1 Tbsp oil

Heat butter and oil in a deep pan over med heat. Add the onion and saute til softened. Cut fish into bite sized chunks. Add fish and mussels to the pan and cook for a further 4 mins. Add oysters and cream and bring to the boil. Mix cornflour with the milk and slowly add to the mixture. Stir costantly until smooth and thickened then remove from heat, add parsley and season with salt and pepper and serve.

catie61, Jun 13, 10:38am
thanks for the ttwisty - sounds like what I am looking for.

oiduno, Aug 2, 12:02pm
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
1 stick celery, finely chopped
3 (750g) potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
450g tin of creamed sweetcorn
500g mixed seafood
200ml cream
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tbs chopped fresh chives
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
Crusty French bread

Place carrot, celery, potatoes and stock in a large pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Process mixture until smooth. Return to pan.

Add creamed corn to soup. Simmer for 10 minutes.

Reduce heat and add seafood and cream. Stir, without boiling for about 3 minutes or until seafood is cooked and chowder is hot. Season to taste.

Stir through chives and parsley. Serve immediately with bread

I have made this recipe for years. . With whatever seafood I have in the freezer - scallops, mussels, white fish, squid, salmon, shrimps, prawns... am always told it is restaurant quality... .