Rapsberry and Lemon Loaf.

tjman, Jun 11, 12:00am
At the weekend (I think in Canvas Mag) WAS A recipe for the above loaf. You could swap it for blueberries too. Unfortunately hubby through it out. Has anyone kept the recipe please

cookiebarrel, Jun 11, 5:06am
Sounds lovely tjman, although it does sound familar. Wouldn't mind recipe myself :-)

jessie981, Jun 11, 7:26am
Does sound yummy. Checked Google, there are recipies. One I'm going to try tomorrow.

cookiebarrel, Jun 11, 2:06pm
Wonder if it would work using lemon loasf recipe and adding raspberries or blueberries? Still hoping for the original recipe. Can you let us know how your 'trial' works out jessie981?

cookiebarrel, Jun 17, 2:10am
I've found one out of an old Herald that is blueberry lemon slice and it looks alot like a lemon loaf. If the original could replace raspberries with blueberries sure it would work in reverse. Will post it later today in case anyone is interested.

eastie3, Jun 24, 1:10am
Raspberry and Lemon Loaf(Canvas magazine, Donna Hay).

110g butter, softened
1c caster sugar
2 eggs
1. 5c SR flour, sifted
half c milk
1TBS finely grated lemon rind
1c frozen raspberries

Oven @ 180C
Place butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy.
Add the eggs one at a time , beating well after each.
Add the flour, milk, lemon rind and raspberries and mix to combine.
Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 7c capacityloaf tin lined with non-stickbaking paper.
Bake for 50 - 55 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.

While the cake is baking, make the icing.

Lemon Icing
2c icing sugar, sifted
3tsp lemon juice
3tsp boiling water

Place in a bowl and mix to combine.

Spoon icing over loaf and allow to set before serving.

mber2, Sep 2, 5:56pm
thanks for that, it sounds very nice. I think i will write it out and put it in my recipe book now, so i want lose it