Soup help!

melandshane, Jun 9, 1:13am
I made a tomato soup last night it was nice but very strong. any ideas on how to modify the leftover soup so that it is not as full on/ can make another meal as there is a fair bit left.

it was a food-in-a-minute tomato and red kidney been soup

la_laa1, Jun 9, 1:19am
You could add pasta, or other veges and if it gets too thick just water down.

245sam, Jun 9, 1:32am
and I'm wondering about adding sour cream or creme fraiche to mellow the tomato flavour and make it a creamy soup? :-))

nzl99, Jun 9, 1:39am
Water it down a bit, add a diced potatoe, and some lite sourcream at the very last minute.

OR... you could make it into a casserole. Throw in a bunch of chunky root veges, two diced chorizo, fresh italian parsely, make some dumplings, and bake for 4 hours.

2halls, Jun 9, 1:57am
When I was a child, I always found tomato soups too strong for my taste. My mother always added milk and heated gently. This made a beautiful soup :-)

melandshane, Jun 9, 2:28am
Hadnt thought about sour cream even though I offered hubby some in his... LOL great ideas thank you !

karenz, Jul 20, 1:17pm
If you are over soup you could make similar to a (chilli) con carne with it, cook the mince and onions then add the soup and gently reduce, personally I don't like chilli but you could add some of that too. Serve it over rice with a dollop of sour cream.