Chili Con Queso Recipe -

poppet0505, Jun 7, 6:39am
Hi , would anyone have a nice chili con queso recipe (mexican cheese dip) I made one last year from a recipe searched from google and it tasted horrible, nothing at all like a mexican restaurant serves! ! Thanks

michelle313, Jun 7, 11:53am
Hi, my quess, and it is just a guess that the restaurant you ate at made it with processed cheese? Growing up in the USA it is a big favorite to make it using processed cheese as it melts smoothly. What recipe did you follow previously? Did it get clumpy and oily?

poppet0505, Jun 8, 6:28am
hi, no it was smooth as it needed to be put into a blender. it just did not taste nice. i used two styles of cheese, but don't have the recipe to recall, as i new i wouldn't use it again!

michelle313, Jun 9, 3:47am
hmm... I don't make it here unless I have a care package from Mom (so not too often)LOLI did some searching on the net for you. I thought this page might help you out. http://homesicktexan. blogspot.com/2008/04/more-natural-chile
-con-queso.htmlGood luck!

clayjam, Jun 11, 6:35am
made it hundreds of times at wk, mex resturant. fry off half onion finely diced, in a little oil. the trick is to not let your pot get too hot, so dip dosnt split... add say 300gms of cream cheese, break it down in your pot ova heat with a whisk, when its soft and creamy add a tin of evaporated milk and about 2 cups of mild grated cheese, and as much chilli as you like. the more cheese you add the thicker it will get but remember it will thicken when it cools. keep on slow heat and stir till cheese has all melted, watch it dont catch on the bottom of pot, easy to do. . enjoy

tiogapass, Jul 26, 1:10pm
In a microwave safe bowl put 1 tub cream cheese 1 cup grated cheese, chilli/tobasco to taste and a great big slug (I never measure it just squeeze hard :-)) of tomato ketchup. Use ketchup, not sauce. Warm through slowly in the microwave stirring every minute or so until warm and smooth. top with chopped spring onions. Serve with corn chips.