Chocolate brownie recipe

sassy6, Jun 6, 5:12am
hi, can someonw please give me an easy choco brownie recipe, the one with cocoa not cooking chocolate, cheers

sassy6, Jun 6, 5:27am
bump, pls smone

spdip, Jun 6, 5:49am
I have a couple of good ones.

Our favourite (unhealthy recipe) is:

250 grams butter, 2 cups brown sugar - melt together then add 1 egg, 6 tbsp cocoa, 1. 5 cups flour and 1 tsp baking powder. Combine then add 1 tsp of Vanilla essence. Bake at 175 for 25 minutes.

The healthy one:
Ingredients
• 1 cup unsweetened apple purée/sauce
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
Instructions
Step 1 Preheat the oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish.

Step 2 Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and the walnuts. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.

Step 3 Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing into squares. If desired, dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.
Make it dairy-free
Use dairy-free dark chocolate chips.

winnie15, Jun 6, 8:40am
i can volch that the healthy one is yummy!

jmonster, Jun 6, 8:56am
Hi Ive used this recipe dozens of time since finding it on TM- very easy, no chocolate needed

Alison Holsts Fudge Brownies
125g butter
1 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
5 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
Melt the butter in a pot but don't let it get hot. Take off heat and mix in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Sift in flour, cocoa and baking pdr. (add nuts or choc chips etc here) Pour into 20-23cm tin and spread it flat. Bake at 180c for about 30mins.
posted by sclaredy-cat

beaumonde, Jun 6, 9:06am
This is the NZ winner and is one the TVNZ website as the ultimate chocolate brownie.

The beauty of this recipe is that there is no melty-choccy going on, yet the final product is still dense, moist, and super chocolatey goodness that melts in your mouth with every bite.
The perfect combination of a little chewy crust on the outside with a delectably soft and rich texture on the inside.

The addition of raspberries make it the ultimate treat - I'm often too poor to include them, but if you've got them, it makes the world of difference.

I have won over many hearts, solved many conflicts, and sucked up to many important people with this, and often kept a well hidden secret... . So here it is!

1st Overall
1st in Category

Ingredients•
320g butter, melted
•1 1/4 cups cocoa
•7 eggs
•3 cups sugar
•1 tsp vanilla essence
•1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips/drops (dark is best)
•1 1/4 cups plain flour
•1 tsp baking powder
•Frozen/fresh raspberries (optional)
•Icing sugar (optional)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Line a large baking tin/roasting dish (I use a 24x34cm rectangle dish)
3. Melt the butter in a large bowl (there's lots of ingredients to fit in here) in the microwave, or in a large saucepan on the stove.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat cocoa into melted butter.
5. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and whiz with electric mixer for 3-4 mins until the mixture begins to whip up in volume (about double).
6. Using a wooden spoon/rubber spatula, mix in the chocolate chips/drops.
7. Sift flour and baking powder in; stir until fully combined.
8. Pour into lined baking tin; give it a gentle shake to even out the mixture.
9. If using raspberries, dot these evenly on top of the mixture, gently pushing them just under the surface.
10. Bake in oven at 160C for about 1 hour, until an inserted skewer comes clean.
11. Leave to cool in tin for about 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool further.
12. If you want to make them look extra fancy, sift icing sugar over the top.
13. Enjoy warm, cold, with some whipped cream, with some hot coffee, or even with a sneaky wine!
Amount Cooking Time Prep Time
approx 50 brownies about 1 hour 15-20 mins
Lots of eggs, but YUMMO! !

beaumonde, Jul 12, 11:47am
Jmonster recipe is good also