Whats yur best mushroom sauce recipe

summer8, Jun 5, 9:03am
I remember tasting the best mushroom gravy i have ever tasted in my life, and that was at the carlton hotel in palmerston north. . I think it was made with chinese mushrooms?

ferita, Jun 5, 9:12am
A nice one I make sometimes is shallots white wine reduced by half add to cooked slicedmushrooms then add cream salt and pepper.
Finish with some grated truffles or truffle oil

nanberrie, Jun 5, 8:47pm
Sliced portabellos cooked lightly in pot with little butter and chopped onions, add chopped x2 rashes of bacon, cook until lightly cooked, add small bottle of cream, salt and pepper and simmer until cream reduced... . . yummy on pasta, meat, veges

beaumonde, Jun 6, 9:29am
wild field mushroom sauce
This is to go with meats not pasta

25g butter
125g wild field mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed
200ml Shiraz or Pinot Noir
200mlreduced beef stock (homemade is best)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Shallots lightly sauteed
Garlic ( optional)
Sprig of fresh thyme (optional)

Heat the butter pan until just sizzling add the chopped shallots and thyme leaves for 1-2 minutes, or until softened.
Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown and the liquid from the mushrooms has been released. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add Shiraz or Pinot noir and stock, reduce down

beaumonde, Jul 12, 2:11pm
another one I like, nice with crepes or pasta or with meats

75g unsalted butter
shallots ( finely sliced)
175g field mushrooms trimmed and thickly sliced
60 ml Nice Balsamic vinegar ( if you can invest in the good stuff, it will add an extra quality to your dish)
100 ml Dry sherry
160 ml cream
a smidgen of truffle oil ( if you are lucky to have it)
Garlic and thyme can be added if you like as well
Heat pan and fry butter and shallots for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
Add Mushrooms for 3-5 minutes
Add the balsamic vinegar, sherry and cream and simmer for 10 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.