No fail cake recipe needed please

datoofairy, Feb 12, 9:33pm
Does anyone have a fail-proof chocolate cake recipe please?
Its needs to be as easy as possible and suitable for someone who totally sucks at baking (me! ).

datoofairy, Feb 12, 9:42pm
Cancel that. I dont own a cake tin to cook it in. Bummer.

harrislucinda, Feb 12, 9:48pm
dontneedatinhaveyou aroastingdish

harrislucinda, Feb 12, 9:57pm
scrolldown to page13recipeforchocolatecakeforroastingdish

theanimal1, Feb 13, 2:59am
The best chocolate cake ever... Make icing with pam's lite spread (margerine) to be totally dairy free and check your cocoa ingredients too
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
6 Tbsp cocoa
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp vinegar
½ cup cooking oil
2 cups water
1. Sift dry ingredients through twice.
2. Add liquids and mix well.
3. Bake at 170°C in a 20-22 cm round greased tin for 55 minutes

OR THIS ONE

This is quick, easy, rich and moist.
Incredible choccy cake:

4 T oil [I use grapeseed]
1. 5 C sugar
2 beaten eggs
1/2 C cocoa
2 C SR flour
1 tspn bicarb soda
1 cup boiling water
1 tspn vanilla essence

preheat oven 180/350

Toss ingredients in bowl and beat well.
Pour into greased cake tin and bake 40-45 mins.
Cool and ice with choc icing.

OR THIS ...

Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake (or Stout Cake)
125g butter (or I use 125mls Rice Bran oil), 175g (or 1 cup) dark chocolate melts, ½ c (or a small container) plain yoghurt
2 large eggs, 330ml stout or dark beer (I used Speight’s Old Dark) or a can of coke, 2 t vanilla essence, 1½ t baking soda, ½ c cocoa powder, 1½ c sugar, ½ t salt, 2 c plain flour

Add butter, chocolate to a pot and gently melt. Whisk yoghurt and eggs in a large bowl then add stout, vanilla and butter chocolate mixture. Sift in cocoa, sugar, soda, salt and flour and stir to combine. Pour into a paper lined and greased tin. Cook on 180°C for 45-60mins (I slightly under cook it so it is moist and fudgy) and ice when cool. Chocolate Icing - heat 125g DARK CHOCOLATE MELTS with ¼ c sour cream till just melted. Keep stirring until smooth and glossy - pour over and cover the whole cake - sides and all. Leave to stand and set. Gorgeous.

OR THIS ... . .

Egg & Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
It is important to sift the ingredients twice. It's tried and tested by various people and is delicious!
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
6 Tbsp cocoa
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp vinegar
½ cup cooking oil
2 cups water
1. Sift dry ingredients through twice.
2. Add liquids and mix well.
3. Bake at 170°C in a 20-22 cm round greased tin for 55 minutes

(you may need to check the ingredients of your cooking oil just to be safe) if you need it to be dairy free I use "pam's lite spread" when icing it.

3. 5 c flour
3. 5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1. 5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very similar to mud cake.

animas1, Aug 6, 3:57pm
buy a cake in a box at supermarket no failers their