Is there an easy way to ...

copper1, May 26, 5:32am
peel a pumkin? It's a real chore and I have constant visions of loosing a finger!

jan2242, May 26, 5:35am
I never peel them. Just cook with the skin on and peel off when cooked. If it's the green ones, can't remember their name, we eat skin and all.

margyr, May 26, 6:45am
read on here last night to cut into peices and then do for a few mins in microwave then peels easily. i am like jan and never peel for myself, but is easy enough, have a good chopping board and broad knife, hold the handle and then with other hand on the top of the knife chop down through the peel, have your hand out straight and that way you will keep all your fingers.

sammie55, May 26, 6:53am
Cook it whole in the microwave for 5 to 10 minutes, really easy to deal with after that.

cookessentials, May 26, 9:08am
I just cut the amount I want, then into a glass microwave proof dish with a cple of tbsp water. Cover in clingfilm and microwave - about eight mins for 500g and when cool enough to handle, slice off with a knife. I use this method for my pumpkin loaves and my pumpkin soup. Even cooking it for dinner.

alebix, May 26, 10:21am
I microwave mine, so much easier to peel.

vintagekitty, Jun 10, 4:41pm
when you microwave the pumpkin, do you have to pierce it or slice it, or throw the whole thing in and cook?