Made the meanest dumpling soup 4 T

purplegoanna, May 24, 8:21am
started of with my imagination! lol a pkt of chicken dumplings and a pkt of chicken noodle soup, added strips of carrot and zuccini's, sweetcorn kernals, chilli sauce, diced bacon and roast chicken and a bit of salt & pepper and done... it was soooooo nice so much better than the foodmall stuff... . .

duckmoon, May 25, 2:14am
yum...

nfh1, May 25, 2:31am
What are chicken dumplings? Are they made of suet like 'proper' dumplings or something completely different?

purplegoanna, May 25, 11:00pm
chinese chicken dumplings, wee peices of chicken&vege in a small half circle parcel of pastry, i got them from paknsave, its going to become a once a fortnight dinner me thinks due to how tasty and how nutritious it was. . it looked very similiar to http://images29. fotki.com/v317/photos/8/807215/5505507/DSCN2
877-vi. jpg in the end

tawera_moeke, May 25, 11:11pm
Mmm you have inspired me so im going to give it a go in the weekend! Thanks for that.

purplegoanna, Jun 8, 4:47pm
add an extra cup of water to the soup mix so its not so thick, half cook the veges etc before you add the soup mix and apparantly when you drop the dumplings in they rise when theyre cooked through but i cooked mine longer than that. i got beef ones as well, im going to get some slices of different beefs from the deli section and add them to a beef broth for a different taste.