Cornbeef silverside...

crystal_blaise, May 18, 9:43pm
hi all how long does it take in the slow cooker or the normal pot

245sam, May 18, 9:52pm
crystal_blaise, I always use our crockpot to cook corned silverside and I base the cooking time on 8-10 hours for a 1. 5 Kg piece of meat cooked on AUTO/LOW. Although I have never done so myself, according to the crockpot's instruction book, the alternative is to cook the same sized piece of meat on HIGH for 4-6 hours.

Hope that helps. :-))

niffer13, May 19, 12:06am
High for 1 hour then low for the rest of the day or until a fork will go into middle. Can't over cook in crock pot. I add vinegar, golden syrup & bay leaves.
If I forget to put in on the high from lunch time til cook ready for tea

dogman13, May 19, 1:33am
i use brown sugar instead of the golden syrup and also add a few whole peppercorns . juice from the crock pot cooking makes a lovely savoury sauce as my family doesnt like mustard i use juice from meat cooking and make savoury sauce with grated cheese thru it and thicken with flour and water , yummy ove rcorned beef and veges! !

sherralynne, May 19, 7:57am
Our favourite is to cook the corned silverside in 1. 5 litres of ginger ale, 1 tablespoon of ground ginger and 1 tablespoon of honey. Heat the slow cooker/crockpot for 20 minutes, put the meat in, add the warmed ginger ale, then the ginger and honey. If the meat isn't covered, add enough boiling water to just cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. This recipe is based on cooking a 1. 5kg piece of meat. It's delicious and moist and you get very little shrinkage (if any). Enjoy

raewyn64, May 19, 7:58pm
I put mine in at 7am on low and turn it off at 5pm when I get home.