Peppercorn sauce - help plz!

bo0tsey, Feb 9, 11:23pm
Sooooooooo... . I'm planning to cook for the farmer BF again, am going to try a variation of decibella's chicken dish that was posted a while back with brie/camembert and red wine sauce.

But I know he's keen on peppercorn sauce so I wanna know how to make one! He had a steak at the weekend with green peppercorn sauce which I tried but I didn't like it cos it was too hot/peppercorns too hard.

Help please!

bo0tsey, Feb 10, 7:40pm
bump. .

maandpa2b, Feb 11, 4:15am
50 g butter, 2 T lemon juice, 2 T green peppercorns, 4 egg yolks, 1/4 c cream, 2 T sour cream. 1 t prepared mustard, salt and pepper
Melt butter, add lemon juice, stir in peppercorns, egg yolds, cream/s, mustard.cook gently, DO NOT allow to boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. makes 3/4 cup. This is from the edmonds cook book. cheers

bo0tsey, Feb 11, 11:31pm
Thats a whole of ingredients! Thanks heaps :-)

valentino, Feb 11, 11:46pm
boOtsey, try this dish if you want something special but make sure you have a very nice bottle of red wine handy to share when dining... .

Asian Peppered Beef
600g Rump Steak thinly sliced,
2 cloves garlic finely chopped,
2tsp finely chopped fresh ginger,
2 onions thinly sliced,
2 tblsp Chinese Rice Wine,
1 tsp sesame oil,
1 tblsp soy sauce,
1 tblsp oyster sauce,
2 tsp sugar,
1 tsp Sichuan Peppercorns crushed (this is special and a must ingredient),
1 tblsp black peppercorns crushed,
2 spring onions chopped into 2. 5cm lengths including the green stem before parting,
oil for cooking.
Place the beef strips in a large bowl, add garlic, ginger, onion, rice wine, sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and peppercorns and mix together well.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Drain, discarding any excess liquid and stir in the spring onion.
Heat the wok until very hot add 1 tblsp of oil and swirl around to coat side.
Add half the beef and stir-fry for 6 minutes until seared and cooked to your liking.
Repeat with the rest of the beef. Serve immediately.
NOTE; The wok needs to be searing hot for this recipe or a very hot frypan.
Best served on cooked or steamed white rice and with a nice red wine... . .

bo0tsey, Mar 7, 8:33am
OMG that is one helluva recipe! ! ! (sorry been ages since I checked this thread)

I'm a very basic/lazy chef, less ingredients the better aye lol

Hoping to do the peppercorn sauce thing tomorrow, what I really want to know is. . can I just use peppercorns and cream? ?

rca1234500, Mar 8, 8:39am
i have looked for the little cans of fresh green peppercorns in the supermarket so many times and can never find them. does anyone know where i can get them from?

sukhita, Oct 13, 1:17am
Cook you meat, lift it out of the pan to rest, add a splosh or two of brandy or white wine to deglaze the pan, add the peppercorns (crushed or whole) & cream and simmer (don't boil). Season to taste & serve.
If your meat is cut small you can still make this - just stir the meat back through the sauce before serving.