Sliverside and slow cooker

woggymyloggy, May 15, 10:25pm
Whats the best way for thisThanks

raewyn64, May 15, 10:28pm
I have mine in right now - I fill the pot to above the silverside, add some vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaf etc.
Mine is on high for about 3 hours then I will reduce to low until dinner. Usually i get it in earlier so have it on low all day (about 9 hours) and it is yum.
Others do not cover all the way their silverside so it is a preference thing.

rambo24, May 15, 10:39pm
i put mine on low for about 8 hours, and put either golden syrup or brown sugar in mine, aswell as the carrots.

sherralynne, May 15, 10:58pm
Our favourite (and it's on right now) is cooking it with 1. 5 litres of ginger ale, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of ground ginger. Pre-heat the slow cooker for 20 minutes. Put the meat in the slow cooker, heat the ginger ale until warm and pour over, add the ginger and honey and top up with boiling water to just cover the meat. Cook for 8 hours on low. This is a lovely recipe, the meat stays moist for a good 2 days and is very tasty. Enjoy :-)

beaker59, May 16, 12:24am
I don't add the sugary stuff just water a splash of malt vinegar a few bay leaves and cloves. then all day on low (while we are at work so probably 9 - 10 hours its always nice. But I would say the best way for you is the way you do it now on the stove top but in the slow cooker all day on low.

polly226, May 6, 8:54am
Just put it in the slow cooker covered with water, you will know when its done. Happy eating.