Work morning tea suggestion

raewyn64, May 15, 8:15am
I want to make a morning tea thank you for Tuesday morning. I would really like, if possible, to make it tomorrow (Sunday) and have it ready for Tuesday but want it nice a fresh. Want something sweet - cake, muffin or something.
Any suggestions on what will stay nice a fresh?
Thanks in advance.

rrrg, May 15, 8:22am
Boat boys Choc cake is a good keeper

lx4000, May 15, 9:02am
try the coconut loaf! ! Its to die for! !

I add lemon juice and zest to mine and its a winner! ! Totally!

trots off to find the recipe . . . . .

(mrs xl4000) cough barloo

lx4000, May 15, 9:04am
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=219530

(mrs xl4000) cough barloo

cookessentials, May 15, 9:06am
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour, shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs, oil, sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for thirty minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.

cookessentials, May 15, 9:07am
Lumberjack Cake
Ingredients:
2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
1 cup, (5 or 6) large fresh pitted dates, chopped
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of water, boiling
125g unsalted butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1½ cups plain flour, sifted
Topping:
60g butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup milk
¾ cup shredded coconut
Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C for fan forced. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin. Combine apples, dates, bicarbonate of soda and 1 cup boiling water in a small bowl. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla essence. Fold in apple mixture alternatively with the flour. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 35 minutes. While the cake is cooking, combine topping ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir until butter has melted. Remove cake from oven and spread over topping. Return to oven and cook for a further 20 minutes or until topping has browned.

cookessentials, May 15, 9:08am
Spicy Ginger Loaf
If you like something "a little spicy" for your morning or afternoon tea, then try this lovely moist spicy ginger loaf. We have loaf pans available in our online catalogue.
Ingredients:
100g butter
1 cup soft brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
Method:
Cream butter & sugar, add eggs one at a time, while mixing. Mix in the buttermilk and sifted dry ingredients. Pour into a greased and bottom lined loaf tin and bake for around 45 minutes in moderate oven. Cool before removing from tin approximately 10 minutes.

cookessentials, May 15, 9:08am
A few suggestions from the recipe section on our website.

sparkles, May 15, 9:42am
Fejoia loaf (since they are in season and cheap/free) is a great keeper in a tin. Take some butter and cut thick slices... . they will love it with a cuppa. Make 2 or 3 loaves depending on the numbers you are feeding.

raewyn64, May 5, 4:51pm
Thanks everyone once again for some great suggestions.
Looks like it is time for me to get busy and do some baking - and then hide it from hubby so it will still be in one piece for morning tea on Tuesday :)