Food show

evorotorua, May 14, 4:38am
HAs anyone been this year in Wellington? I am going on Sunday and would love tips hints suggestions etc Opinions too!

marywea, May 14, 5:14am
4 of us spent about 6 hours there today-a lot of that was in at cooking demos, where we enjoyed the sit down. Masterchef pairs were good but don't think they are there Sun. Theatre far too small. We always go on the Friday, that was crowded enough, I think the weekends must be just too crowded. Thought there were a greater variety of foods to sample and a few to take home. Good deals for multiple buys. Remember they no longer supply those big plastic bags so take your own.

evorotorua, May 14, 5:48am
Is there a place to store your bags while you continue to walk around?

korbo, May 14, 8:32pm
ohhhh, wish i could go, but health prevails. why do they only have these shows at the 4 main centres. Iimagine, you would learn a lot, and see how things are done. have a wonderful time anyone that is going... . .

auntlb, May 14, 8:35pm
I went yesterday and going again today (kids want to go - went with mum yesterday). Hoping that the sat is not too busy as this year Fri was very busy. Far less giveaways than last in previous years - still plenty to taste but lots of the same types of things - lots of oils and dips etc. Not as many cheeses and things as there has been in the past. Re bags - some places will hold your things until you leave. Our trick is to look on the first and second rounds and only purchase on the last round! You can get a passsout to return stuff to your car if need be so that is another option.
I noticed that there are a few exhibitors not there on the sunday - have a look on the website www.foodshow.co.nz for further info

evorotorua, May 14, 9:15pm
enjoy your second day there. I am taking my 16 year old son this year. It is a day out for us and a long time in the planning. A bit extravagant for us as we are flying down from Rotorua just for the day! ! Hope there's no fog! Got good priced flights and get to visit my lovely daughter down there too. Now I need to decide which bag to take as I think if I buy a lot of things I will need to check the baggage in on the way home, but I don't want anything too cumbersome to carry around. Went to the Auckland show the last two years and loved it. Then, we had a car and had a chilly bin in it. I agree with only buying on the last time around but I am scared I will forget to go back to all the stalls so I buy as I go and then again because I forgot. Haha the joys of getting old. THEN when you get home you have all these wonderful double-ups in your bag! !

auntlb, May 15, 2:39am
LOL - the kids enjoyed it! Very upper class to fly in for the day! ! - we did that for a day in Auckland when Jetstar opened and I got $1 flights for us all so we flew to Auck in the morning and back in the arvo! ! - weather here is lovely today - quite warm and no fog - fingers crossed it stays that way for you. Enjoy the show

evorotorua, May 4, 3:52am
thanks auntlb. Did you buy anything different today that you forgot yesterday? Was it really busy?