I have a huge bucket of field mushrooms.....

pkv, May 13, 6:00am
Have made mushroom soup for dinner, what else can I do to use them up? Can I freeze them? Fresh or cooked? ? Thanks

wasgonna, May 13, 6:36am
Haven't got one of those old dehydrators have you. Dry out, store in airtight jar then just add a little water to rehydrate when needed.

lilyfield, May 13, 6:39am
freeze cooked

kcak, May 14, 2:13am
Cook in butter & freeze

pericles, May 14, 2:13am
send them to meeeeeee

lizab, May 14, 2:55am
my husband brought me some he picked on the farm this morning and when I started looking through them, quite a few had little holes ... and one of them was full of little critters! ! ! I had to dump the lot as it really put me off them. I made lovely soup last week with some though, wonder how many critters I ate ewwww! ! !

dezzie, May 14, 4:44am
lol lizab, it doesn't pay to peer to closely at feild mushrooms, those little wigglers seem to always be there in the really open ones.

bisloy, May 14, 5:14am
Send me some too! ;)
Make it all into soup and freeze what you don't want to eat now.

stormbaby, May 14, 5:34am
Yum, I just slice them raw, put them onto clean meat trays, freeze then chuck into plastic bags as "free flow" to add to anything from stews to pizzas to toasties. Yum.

parryduck, May 14, 6:16am
I can't eat what I get. but i really enjoy giving them away to those in the village who are either too old, or too incapacitated to gather them themselves. If I had a dehydrater... I would probably still pass them on.

I did make a big pot of mushroom sauce, and have frozen quite a bit, once cooked - although it won't last long in the freeser. 2 months max I'm guessing?

mss2006, May 14, 7:04am
Did you pick them? Yes? Ok, give it up, where did you get them from? Dont make me send the boys around for a chat... .

luckyduck, May 14, 10:05am
Lucky you. I scoured half the farm this morning and could only fill half an ice cream container.

kabbo, May 4, 4:55pm
eeww yeah, i left a couple on the outdoor table for a couple of days and when i picked them up, there heaps of wrigglies underneath. put me right off eating field mushrooms i'm afraid.