What do you do with your old cooking mags?

ruby19, May 12, 10:26pm
I am just sorting out the office at home and am faced with piles of my Goodfood UK subscriptions of the last4-5 years. Part of me does not want to get rid of them... . BUT I know they are taking up more and more space. What do you do?

indy95, May 12, 11:07pm
I usually decide every two or three years that it is time for a cleanout. I then start working my way through them looking for any recipes I may want to keep, get sidetracked by interesting articles I had forgotten about and decide that they are far too valuable a resource to give away. When I have so many that I can't fit any more into the shelves then I have to be ruthless and donate some to the Red Cross for their book sale.

cookessentials, May 13, 12:14am
I keep all of my "Delicious", Cuisine and taste mags as they are a great reference.

jed, May 13, 12:33am
I need to purchase a book case for my recipe books and mags. I cannot throw them out or give them away. I just can't. I also cannot resist buying more. LOLI have a problem... . .

fey, May 13, 12:39am
I cull them. After a year or so I go through them again, sometimes I take out something I want to keep and either recycle them or pass them on to a friend or put them in the nurses waiting room at work.

2halls, Apr 26, 2:02am
I have every single issue of Cuisine every published, and have had to devote an entire steamer trunk to their storage ! ! But apart from them, I pull out the recipes I want, put them in a clear flip folder for easy reference, and donate them to hospital waiting rooms or a charity shop. I always offer them to the nurses at the hospital to let them have first 'dibs', and then they put them in the waiting room ... :-)