Your favourite

go to, quick to make, soup recipe please.

Chef_rainrain1, Jun 18, 8:27 pm

Everyone must be away to work, or still in bed

Chef_rainrain1, Jun 18, 9:55 pm

My fav at the moment is zap a big grey crown pumpkin 15 mins ( this makes it easy to cut) Watch it gets hot, remove from mw and cut into chunks, deseed and roast in big pan @ 180c with 3 -4 onions peeled cut into chunks, and 3 whole garlic bulbs skin on, drizzle of olive oil, bake till cooked. Meanwhile pan fry 6 rashers bacon rhind off, When pumpkin cooked, remove from oven and cool till you can handle it, cut skin off pumpkin,squeeze out all garlic put in food processor add tsp curry powder, blend with 2-3 litres chicken stock in batches put in large saucepan, till u get the thickness you like. I heat it through to blend, taste, add sp more curry powder if needed, cool and freeze.
When serving put a dollop of sour cream on top and few chopped chives, for a good hearty soup in wnter, make it as thick or thin as you like. i make a pot of stock night before with chicken carcass's skim off fat and use for soup next day

Chef_fifie, Jun 18, 10:24 pm

Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 leek, white part only, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 medium sized cauliflower, cut into florets
2 potatoes, chopped
1 litre chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300ml cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives

METHOD
Heat the oil and butter in large saucepan, add the leek and the garlic, cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until the leek is soft but not brown. Increase the heat to high, add the cauliflower, potatoes and stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower and potato are tender.
Puree until smooth. Return to saucepan and add the cream and lemon juice.
Reheat gently for 5 minutes.
Serve topped with chopped chives.

Chef_tinkagirl, Jun 18, 10:36 pm

Great so far, thanks guys!

Chef_rainrain1, Jun 18, 11:17 pm

I like broccoli & blue cheese, corn bacon & tomato, spinach with a dash of curry & a little bacon & a couple of nights ago I made this
https://www.thespruceeats.com/greek-egg-lemon-chicken-soup-1705784
& I loved it.
I prefer fresh vege soups rather than the simmer for days type soup with the pearl barley etc.
The corn bacon tomato recipe (I've lost it) & the spinach one I just wing it.

Chef_samanya, Jun 19, 2:44 am

No, I'm not a barley girl either yuk! Reminds me of my MIL soup she always made. nice site samanya. I want to eat them all!

Chef_rainrain1, Jun 19, 4:49 am

My really quick recipes are a Holst recipe Potato and corn chowder,. A vegan split pea soup, amazingly good for very few ingredients. Easy but a little more prep a thai pumpkin kumara soup another Holst recipe.
My tske to work easy is 1.5 cup water 2 tsp chinese cooking wine, 1 tsp each of soy sauce and sacariha sauce. 1/2 tsp stock powder, dried porcini mushrooms, endemane beans or small frozen brussel sprouts. Grated fresh garlic and ginger, 2 tsp white miso. Add fresh spinach leaves and coriander. .

Chef_ruby19, Jun 20, 8:07 am

This recipe is definitely not traditional in any sense of the word but it is simplicity itself.

MISO SOUP - Buzzy style

Ingredients: - Serves 2
Cut the following vegetables up into thin shreds, rings or sticks: (No chunks if possible except for cauliflower and broccoli)
Onion
A finger length of leek
1 small carrot or half a carrot (very thin sticks)
½ Stalk Celery - Cut into strips
Green beans - optional
Large Floweret of Cauliflower - Cut into thin slices
Broccoli - about the same amount as Cauliflower done same way. Use stalks as well
Cabbage or Chinese Cabbage - About 1 cup full
Fresh Ginger to taste - cut finely like the carrot
Red Capsicum
Mushrooms
About 1 heaped Tblspn Wakame Flakes
Heaped Tblspn Miso Paste or more to taste
Water or stock to cover the vegetables
Seasoning

Method:
Heat the water or stock in a pot big enough to take all the vegetables
When boiling just chuck in the vegetables - all of them
Bring back to the boil and simmer for about 2mins
Add the Wakame Flakes and continue cooking while mixing the Miso
Mix the Miso in a cup of cold water to make it into a loose paste
Add Miso to vegetables
Taste and then add seasonings

Once the vegetables are cut this is so simple, so tasty and so healthy
Makes a great lunch
Choice of vegetables is optional - I just listed what I use
I use fish stock a lot to make this because my deep freeze is overflowing with it but any stock will work just as well
I make it all about the vegetables

Chef_buzzy110, Jun 20, 10:16 pm

Chef_molly37, Aug 21, 1:06 am

Share this thread