Great British Bakeoff

pony_girl, Mar 13, 6:17am
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't heard that the Great British Bake off new series starts tonight (13.03.18) 7.30 pm on Prime.

karlymouse, Mar 13, 7:48am
Was going to watch it but saw the old guard apart from Paul are not there so will give it a miss.

strowan1, Mar 13, 8:40am
Thanks pony_girl. I watched and although there are changes enjoyed it. I did miss Mary and wish she was still part of the judging team, but thought Prue Leith did a good job also, she’s certainly very well qualified. Paul Hollywood came across as a little more relaxed compared to earlier series I thought. There looks to be some very talented bakers, the challenges don’t look to be getting any simpler do they?!

pony_girl, Mar 14, 12:36am
Hi Strowan1, I loved the new programme and I agree that Prue Leith was excellent as a new judge. Although I loved Mel and Sue as presenters, I thought that Sandy and Noel were brilliant and I can see that they will only get better over time too (I think they are both excellent comedians in their own right). You are quite right about the challenges not getting any easier, in fact I thought that everything they were asked to do was very challenging, especially for the first go for the new bakers in the tent and it looks like next week will be difficult too. I'm pleased to hear that someone else enjoyed it :-)

jonnythecat, Oct 15, 12:53pm
I agree, watched last night and it was just as good as the other series. Noel and Sandy seem to have a good rapport.