Glazed ham

ritebuy, Dec 10, 7:28pm
Merry Christmas iam looking for a nice glaze for ham, and also how long to cook I have brought my first ham for a change

veejay13, Dec 10, 7:41pm
http://www.bite.co.nz/videos/video/2442/Video-How-to-glaze-a
-ham/?ref=biteedm
I thought this looked interesting.

cgvl, Dec 10, 10:00pm
This is the one I use.
2/3 cup marmalade warm and sieve to remove rinds (I tend to use homemade so its full of rind) or you could use Apricot Jam
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
250mls sherry or orange juice or pineapple juice. Once Marmalade sieved add rest of ingredients and mix well.
Remove skin from Ham, make sure you leave a layer of fat. Cut surface of Ham in diagonals to make diamond shapes.
Take your Raosting pan and put a layer of Aluminum foil in it, bring up the sides of pan slightly. Put ham on top of this and baste with the marinade, you will need to do this several times to keep ham moist.
Oven at 150C or slightly lower if you have Fan Bake for 1-11/2 hours basting frequently.

ritebuy, Dec 11, 6:34am
Thanks that sounds very nice thanks also for the tip with the foil

tinkagirl, Nov 21, 7:18pm
I did mine this morning and didn't know what to do so I googled, then managed to lose the recipe. so I did 3/4 c fresh orange juice and the grated rind of 1 orange, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1/4 honey, 1 T dijon mustard. Put all in a pot and boiled slowly for about 10 mins. Put the ham in the roasting dish (lined) and put in the fan oven at 180 degrees. kept basting it every 7 mins or so for about 1 hour and OMG it is wonderful.