Found this, thought someone might like it

lusi2, Apr 22, 10:51am
The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe {Ever}
Total Time 45 minutes Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes
The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe - A one bowl chocolate cake recipe that is quick, easy, and delicious! Updated with gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free options!
PRINT RECIPE
4.8 from 1875 votes
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a review »
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1 cup milk buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk
1/2 cup vegetable canola oil, or melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Directions
Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.

For the chocolate cake:
Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Notes
The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water. This is correct and results in the most delicious and moist chocolate cake I've ever tasted! xo

Freezer Friendly

Let the baked cake layers cool completely. Wrap them well with plastic wrap and then with foil. Put each layer into a freezer bag and freeze up to 2 months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, the layers are ready to fill and frost.

lynja, Apr 22, 6:40pm
Looks good lusi2. May give it a try.

molly37, Apr 24, 12:28pm
My favourite choccie cake is the one made with a cup of Best Foods Mayo. Rich and Moist. http://www.bestfoods.co.nz/recipes/best-chocolate-devils-cake/

bella95, May 4, 7:47am
I know it's stupid and l'm prepared to believe it's delicious but, try as l might l can't get my head around using mayo in cakes. I've seen heaps of recipes but haven't tried one yet as the thought of it makes me gag. Lol.

autumnwinds, May 5, 9:33am
Trust me - that recipe IS delicious!
And what is mayo but basically oil and eggs?

One of my favourite chicken recipes is basically just breasts, some herbs and seasonings, topped with mayo (aioli, in this case), and crumbs, baked for 40 mins - so easy, so delicious.

Live a little, try something different.

gr8stuf4me, May 14, 2:59am
Thanks OP, I will give your recipe a go at some point in the future, I also might try the mayo one as I too have not tried that one either. Both cakes sound lovely and sometimes when you take the plunge and try something new, you realise it's delicious and wonder what took you so long.

samanya, Sep 23, 12:16pm
I agree, a lot of people stick to what they know & then when they try something 'new' , it often becomes a fave!
I do some risky things though & often try something 'new' when I have guests & so far no huge mistakes (or very polite guests!)
I love trying new flavour combinations . we can all live & learn, huh?
Even worse is making a tried & true recipe with your own variations & when it's a big success . I can't remember exactly what I put in it!