Chicken parcels

auckland63, Jun 2, 11:35pm
Hi all on this miserable day from Auckland :-(

I'm marinading breasts atm in soy, cooking sake, ginger, garlic and chilli. I'm wanting to make parcels (cooked in oven) out of them for dinner to eat with rice. What would you suggest to put in each parcel> Tia!

molly37, Jun 3, 2:13am
I dont marinate mine. but fill with whatever, spinach and brie cheese, pesto, apricots and cream cheese, wrap in bacon etc. try googling. " what to fill chicken breasts with" There are lots of ideas.

ruby2shoes, Jun 3, 6:11am
lots of green leafy veg, maybe some broccoli?

auckland63, Jun 3, 6:24am
Thank you, yes, I ended up adding broccoli in the parcel plus Asian greens. Still, felt something was missing. perhaps chicken is not meant for parcel like fish. ?

ruby2shoes, Jun 3, 6:59am
I do an Asian Chicken Parcel which is fab - but I don't marinate it:

4 chicken breast fillets (I use 2).
Combine: 75 ml light soy sauce, 1 TBSP honey, 2 garlic cloves, sliced, 2 red chillies, deseeded (if you wish) and finely chopped, 2.5cm fresh root ginger, peeled/shredded (I slice it finely without peeling), 4 star anise (or cinnamon sticks), 3 baby pak choi, quartered (i use anything green).
Score each chicken breast several times and place each on its on piece of large foil.
Pour over the combined mixture evenly into each parcel.
Place green stuff on top. Fold up parcels, bake on oven tray (I usually use a roasting tray in case it leaks) in preheated oven 200C for around 15 mins (depends on thickness of chicken).
Lovely cold, also!

auckland63, Jun 3, 7:51am
This is what I'm going to try tomorrow as I still have 3 breasts left, thank you :-)

smallwoods, Jun 3, 10:08am
Crunch up the baking paper and soak under water, helps keep the chicken moist.

auckland63, Sep 8, 2:01am
Noted, thanku!