Arghhh! Hubby ate all the bread!! NOW WHAT??!

2boysmum, May 10, 8:18am
What can I make for the kids lunches? ? They dont like scones or sav muffins. Maybe pikelets but any other suggestions? ?

natalie9, May 10, 8:20am
You could do pikelet mix but make it fill the fry pan like a pancake and use it as a wrap.

2boysmum, May 10, 8:20am
what kind of fillings?

natalie9, May 10, 8:22am
cheese/egg/ham/meat/salad - do the mixture without sugar...

2boysmum, May 10, 8:22am
Cheers! Will give it a go!

natalie9, May 10, 8:25am
Good luck, hope they like it!

uli, May 10, 8:25am
Meatballs, boiled eggs, apples or pears or persimmons are in season now, cheese cubes, chicken legs, salad rolls, nuts ...

2boysmum, May 10, 8:55am
TA DA! !
http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/10/129893010_full. jp
g

familychch, May 10, 8:58am
That looks really good... . hope the kids like them.

2boysmum, May 10, 9:01am
Me too! Man, my kids are fussy! ! I think they get bored easily. They liked scones, so I did heaps of them... then they didnt. Same with scrolls, muffins, wraps etc etc. I run out of ideas all the time! I brought allison holst and sons lunchbox ideas cookbook, but most of the recipes you have to be quite organised with... and organised I am NOT! . . lol

nannyannie1, May 10, 9:20am
I buy pita breads (the small round ones)open them up spresd alittle pesto, cheese, put them in the over just untill the cheese has melted and cut them up the kids love them. You can add to them if you want ... Better than bread :)

elliehen, May 10, 9:38am
2boysmum... saw three lunchboxes. Does this mean that you're now 3boysmum? Or 2boysandagirlsmum?

tomdrum, May 10, 9:40am
Pizza - make a bread dough, easy. For kids lunchboxes I'd cut the dough with cookie cutters before topping and baking. Pizza-men?

2boysmum, May 10, 11:09am
LOL! Yes, it really should be two boys and a girls mum... lol. The youngest is 6 now... and she is the girl... feel I have been on TM for EVER! ! !

hezwez, May 10, 7:42pm
Make sure you let us know how they enjoyed them 2boysandagirlsmum, or whether they traded or rubbished them. I routinely fed my sandwiches to the inside of a huge flax bush near our back door after school, on my way in... .

eastie3, May 11, 5:15am
This is what I did when mine were at school... I would bake on a Sunday and freeze everything. Instead of them having scones(for example) for several days, they would have different things during the following week.
I am so glad the school lunch days are history. I'm sure they probably sometimes binned their carefully planned lunches too.

2boysmum, May 13, 6:12am
The crepe rolls were a total flop :(kids brought them home uneaten and the youngest requested "just bread tomorrow thanks mum"...

hezwez, May 13, 6:23am
Arghhh they're too well fed. I loved when my Mum did something different, we occasionally had individually made little meat pies. And Mum made the best pastry ever.

miss_vampy, May 13, 6:30am
Our youngest sibling refuses to eat lunch at school. (says he doesn't get hungry during the day) Fill his lunch box up and he brings it all home! (unless someone steals his lunch)

He gets home at around 1545 and has a big munch (usually previous nights dinner + his school lunch)

He's a strange 13 year old!

korbo, May 13, 7:23am
why not if you can, purchase a breadmaker, then if you run outta bread, you can put it on overnight, for fresh bread in the morning. The size of loaf is not the same as a loaf of bread, but wuld help in an emergency. You could make differend flavours also.

natalie9, May 13, 9:24am
haha that's so funny you made them, I was just making it up. Buggar kids are so fussy...

elliehen, Apr 28, 11:15am
I'd check discreetly to make sure there's nothing strange going on at school lunchtimes... odd things happen like lunches being pinched and stuffed down shirts... lots of adolescent idiocy among boys, not all of it friendly stuff.