Lolly Cake & Chocolate Crackles healthier recipes?

oasis24, May 12, 6:57am
Hi, I adored these treats as a child and just wondering please if anyone has any recipes for healthier versions?

Any extra ingredients that you like to add?

Or what would you substitute for the condensed milk and butter in Lolly Cake?

For chocolate crackles I would use melted dark chocolate instead of Kremelta. but do you have any better ideas than messing around melting chocolate?

Thanks for any help!

jonnythecat, May 12, 7:31am
I make lolly cake occasionally using the original recipe that was on the fruit puff packet. As it is an occasional treat to shared I don't worry about making it more "healthy". Have heard of people using licorice all sorts instead of fruit puffs. As for chocolate crackles, Chelsea Winter has a recipe for them using melted dark chocolate with oil or butter added. I make a honey crunch slice which is similar, butter, sugar, honey and rice bubbles, I suppose you could add some cocoa powder, but still messing about mixing and melting.

motorbo, May 12, 10:17pm
google Janella Purcell chocolate crackles - cant get healthier than them

frances1266, May 12, 11:09pm
watched Janella make these on tv last night, they looked very good. Imagine there is a website for this show with recipes. Is it Good Chef Bad Chef. I always forget it is on & miss the start. Shame it isn't on later as it is a good show. It was on years ago, is this that series or have they made a new one

motorbo, Sep 23, 10:50pm
yes its the old series, i didnt like it as much when Janella left, i like they way she tells you how good something is and what it helps with