Waxed Paper ?

luigi21, Feb 20, 8:41am
What has happened to Waxed paper? I cant find it in the super markets ? Was the only stuff that was easy to rap my lunch in each day.

wheelz, Feb 20, 11:55am
It's in the same aisle at glad wrap and baking paper at countdown. think it's called greaseproof
https://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/ProductDetails?Stockcode=45245&name=homebrand-lunch-wrap-greaseproof-paper-30cm-wide

245sam, Feb 20, 8:26pm
I haven't bought or used the particular product as on that link.

Greaseproof paper has been around for as long as I can remember (given that I am a baby boomer that's a long time!) however as far as I am aware it is not the same as the waxed paper as OP is asking about. Like OP I haven't seen that waxed paper for a good number of years and am not sure it is available anywhere, unless on-line maybe? :-))

veejay13, Feb 21, 1:10am
245sam is right - greasproof paper is different from waxed. the waxed is more "flexible" (if that's the right word!) It's years since I bought any, but remember tracking it down at the $2 shop, of all places.

nauru, Feb 21, 7:24am
I've been looking for that too and couldn't find it either. I'll check online to see if anyone has it.

nauru, Feb 21, 7:36am
There are several listings on here for it, one of the auction numbers below.
Listing #: 1550352159

trishey, Feb 24, 8:37am
I have just brought a roll of waxed papaer from New World Thorndon. Its not cheap, cant stand greaseproof paper, only ever buy waxed

autumnwinds, Oct 20, 6:09pm
I buy my waxed paper (used for several craft purposes) from one of the local $2-type shops. It;s owned by Fijian Indians (lovely family) and one of them said they always have it on stock, but have to import it now, as a lot of their wider family/community insist on it being available.