Pavlova

jia5, Dec 23, 10:58pm
I have been making beautiful pavlovas for years. Just put one in the oven and then two minutes later I realise I have forgotten to put the vinegar and vanilla essence in, despite these two things sitting right next to the mixer. FGS, where is my head these days.
Any suggestions for turning this into a different dessert please.

morticia, Dec 23, 11:27pm
It will still be a pav.

dtpapa, Dec 23, 11:30pm
just bake it as usual, and see how it turns out!

It is the long cooking time as much as anything that results in the crisp exterior and marshmallow like interior property.

jia5, Dec 23, 11:33pm
I thought it might be too sweet. I will just chuck cream, lemon curd and passionfruit on it

gabbysnana, Dec 24, 3:47am
how can it be tooo sweet? Its sugar, the pav is made of sugar, if you dont want to eat sugar dont make one.

kaddiew, Dec 24, 4:26am
I'm sure the pav will be fine - but if you're not happy with it you could always fold the lemon curd, passionfruit and crushed meringue/pav through the whipped cream, along with some yogurt and maybe marshmallows, for something like ambrosia.

jia5, Dec 24, 5:39am
gabbysnana wrote:
how can it be tooo sweet? Its sugar, the pav is made of sugar, if you dont want to eat sugar dont make one.[/quote) I know they are already sweet but I think that one and a hallf teaspoons of vinegar takes the edge off. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. :-)

nerak, Dec 24, 10:51pm
If it doesn't look like a pav for some reason, bust it up with some strawberries and cream. Done.
if it looks like a pav - it is a pav.

buster31, Dec 25, 5:36am
It should be fine. The recipe I use only has two ingredients - 4 egg whites and 1 cup of caster sugar - it always works.

hobby-park, Feb 26, 1:07am
If you dont want it as a pav, then just crumble it up into pieces with whipped cream and strawberries to make an eton mess,- the perfect summer dessert,