Any good christmas snack recipes

princessterrin, Dec 24, 9:36pm
Help! Any good christmas snack recipes which dnt cost a fortune.

Thanks

huggy5, Dec 24, 9:54pm
Brushetta with toppings made from whatever you have that you need to get rid of. I am using the leftover tomatoes with basil and olive oil, and will make something with mushrooms and maybe some caramelized onion, feta and thyme. Then have some dips, these can be cheap too, like home made hummus or a broad or fava bean dip. Looks nice if you can BBQ the brushetta, gives nice grill lines.
I'm presuming this if for pre dinner snacks, it's not really suitable if it's more after dinner snacks, most people like sweet things then.

dbab, Dec 25, 1:00am
We made these one year.
A slice of cucumber, a slice of tomato and a cube of feta cheese on top.
Christmas colours and healthy too, not to mention tasty!

angel404, Dec 25, 2:31am
Ive made these. choc balls.

1c raisins, 2-3tablespoons cacao powder, 1/3c almond meal, 3 tablespoons coconut oil, 1/2c desiccated coconut. Can also add extra fruit - sometimes i add craisins or frozen raspberries. Put all in a food processor and whizz until combined. Roll into small balls and roll in extra desiccated coconut. Store in fridge. (or can be frozen).

scout_6001, Dec 25, 4:55am
I made these today, they were very popular.
Spring Onion & Sweetcorn Baby Frittatas from A Bit of What You Fancy
by Jo Seagar

Makes 24 bite-sized frittatas

3 spring onions, finely sliced
2 cups sweetcorn kernels (not creamed corn)
¼ cup self-raising flour (if you don’t have self-raising flour, add 1 well rounded tsp of baking powder per cup of plain flour)
3 eggs beaten
2 tablespoons cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat your oven to 200°C. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.

Mix all the ingredients together. Spoon into the prepared muffin tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed up and cooked through. (Not sure if these are cooked? Press down on one and if it springs back they are done.)

Serve warm!

sarahb5, Dec 26, 9:53am
Chocolate seems to be the snack of choice in this house today

bev00, Feb 24, 1:02am
nice snacky ideas