Has anyone got a recipie for the good ole

nzbrat, May 22, 3:20am
coffee cake. Icing included. Ones I have looked up on the net say they are coffee cakes but more like cinnamon than coffee. Anyway thanks in advance

sampa, May 22, 3:28am
try doing a search for coffee flavoured cake - 'coffee cake' is a term that can refer to the type of cake/when usually eaten etc as well the flavour of the cake.

nzbrat, May 22, 3:58am
oh thanks that actually makes sense.

kirmag, May 22, 5:27am
The Edmonds one is good!

awoftam, May 22, 6:09am
Snap.

maximus44, May 22, 6:42am
You can replace cocoa in a chocolate cake with coffee to make coffee cake. I have done that many times.

korbo, May 22, 8:23am
Bushells liquid coffee is the secret

245sam, May 24, 11:19am
nzbrat, here's a recipe that is well tried and tested - my Mum used it regularly when we were children (and that's a very long time ago) so it's an oldie but a goodie that I have also used successfully although not for a while as I don't have the need to bake so much nowdays.

“PERFECT CAKE”
½ cup (125g) butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1¾ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the beaten eggs, then the sifted flour and baking powder. Lastly add the milk.
Bake at 180ºC for about 30 minutes.
Variation: This is a basic mix that can be varied to make a chocolate cake, lemon cake, orange, marble cake, or…. e.g. for a Coffee Cake - add 2 tbsp coffee essence and adjust the milk quantity to be ½ cup minus 2 tbsp.

I agree with korbo that "Bushells liquid coffee is the secret", and I also used it to make a simple icing using icing sugar, butter, the Bushell's Coffee and Chicory Essence and boiling water (sorry I don't have quantities for the icing as they are/were always a guesstimate).

Hope that helps. :-))

marcs, Jul 10, 2:11am
This recipe is for cupcakes but you can make it into cake. It have very good coffee flavour. I like to use the instant coffee to make the essence as have found espresso shots do not have enough flavour. You can make it in to a cake or loaf. The icing is the best.

What I did also when mixing coffee into the milk for the cake batter is warm up a little bit of milk out the measured amount and add coffee to it then add it all back to the cold milk. This way your milk it not too warm. Make sure every thing is at room temp.
http://www.unitedcakedom.com/2012/01/espresso-cupcakes.html