What is diet choc topping please?

squeekywheel, Jan 12, 12:24am
Just going through some old recipes and found a newspaper one for a "Guilt free chocolate Cake" and one of the ingredients in both the main cake and the icing is "diet chocolate topping" Don't know how old recipe is. My mind is blank (no change there! ) but I cant think what this would be. Any help appreciated. Thanks

lilyfield, Jan 12, 2:50am
just skip the choc if you want to diet

juli55, Jan 12, 2:58am
diet topping, probably made with a non-fat substitute.
Banana mushed up and cocoa powder and icing sugar.
Or mint jelly made real thick and cocoa powder and beaten like heck.
Google is your friend

dalkemade, Jan 12, 2:59am
I used to be able to buy a Diet Choc topping but haven't seen it for a while though possibily still around. It would have an artificial sweetener in it. No cake can ever be regarded as guilt free, the starches or is it the carbohydrates turn to sugar in the body. I would just use the ordinary choc topping for icecream etc that is easily available in supermarkets.

kirmag, Jan 12, 3:04am
Do Weight Watchers do a choc sauce in their food range? I'd think it was something like that.

squeekywheel, Jan 12, 4:50am
I googled as suggested. They talk about "Cottee s Diet choc topping" . It apparently has 11 calories and 30 mg of sodium. They do not mention what else it has in it! . The choc cake recipe has 1/4 cup of this mysterious ingredient in the main cake and 2tblspoons in the icing. What would I substitute. or poss safe leaving it out?

squeekywheel, Jan 27, 1:04am
Also the Cottee stuff has no sugar just 2g fibre + 2g carbs.