Anyone seen that sugar film?

macandrosie, Jun 3, 10:51am
Have we been sucked all this time thinking that all fat is bad while sneaking in sugar has gone under the radar?

bedazzledjewels, Jun 3, 6:17pm
Yes. It's very good and people should see it soon before it finishes its run here. Our theatre was packed out with mostly under 40 year olds. It's huge fun and Stephen Fry is a lovely bonus!

rainrain1, Jun 3, 6:54pm
A three hour road trip to see a film about sugar. why would I want too?

bedazzledjewels, Jun 3, 7:41pm
i only had to drive a few blocks!

Here's the trailer -
http://youtu.be/6uaWekLrilY

rainrain1, Jun 3, 8:08pm
ha ha I will look later. I'm off on a 3 hr road trip

bedazzledjewels, Jun 3, 8:53pm
Enjoy. You live in a beautiful area.

venna2, Jun 3, 8:58pm
It was just a short bus ride for me. I thought it was an excellent film.

guinevere2, Jun 3, 11:23pm
It was excellent and the cinema was full of parents with their 8-12 year old children (most of the them eating icecreams lol) which I thought was good. Very entertaining.

rainrain1, Jun 4, 5:37am
Have to say, it is not a movie I would travel anywhere to see at all. if it comes on telly I MIGHT catch it.

wildflower, Jun 4, 7:24am
I don't think how bad sugar is has been under the radar, it's been all over the media for over a year now. Hasn't slowed NZ companies like Wattie's from filling their cans and bottles with the stuff:(

awoftam, Jun 4, 7:49am
Listened to a manufacturer on ZB talking about this a while ago. Unlike 200 years ago when it was like gold sugar is now cheap. He stated if he made his food without it he wouldn't be able to compete and would simply go out of business.

It is a reasonably confusing issue as well - honey and maple syrup, coconut sugar, dates etc are being hailed as sweet and healthy because they are 'natural' yet they are all high in fructose, and fructose is the baddie in the equation.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 4, 7:51am
All covered in the movie too.

awoftam, Jun 20, 8:59am
Sweet Poison and Eat Real Food, both by David Gillespie, are worth reading. Knew frustose was an issue, was completely unaware of the danger of seed oils. As I have said on the MB before, the Food Industry makes the Tobacco Industry look like an amateur, IMO.