Ideas for using up EasiYo Chocolate flav yoghurt?

tybal, Jun 28, 2:38am
My kids don't like it but I don't want to throw it out. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do with it? Thanks.

pam.delilah, Jun 28, 2:57am
yogurt/fruit muffins

Ingredients:

1 cup plain flour
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (you can leave it out if you dont have any)
1 egg
4 tablesppons melted butter
1 cup castor sugar
one small tub of yoghurt (of your choice)
one cup of diced fruit (of your choice
place all in a big bowl and stir until combined.
spoon into greased muffin tray and cook at 180c for 20 mins or until golden.
makes 12 small muffins or 6 large.
you can half the amount of sugar if you want to make them healthier too.

add choc chips or pieces

245sam, Jun 28, 3:03am
tybal, I knew that EasiYo made a chocolate-flavoured icecream mix (I'm not sure that they still do though) but I did not know that EasiYo made a chocolate-flavoured yoghurt? , however you might like to try the following which would give you a real chocolatey taste tempter and I'd be very surprised if your children didn't like these.

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
3 cups plain flour (450g)
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1½ cups brown sugar (360g)
½ cup each of dark chocolate dots and white chocolate dots – or chocolate buttons, quartered
120g butter, melted
1¼ cups milk or 1 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt + ½ cup milk
2 x 60g eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 5cm muffin pan.
Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Add the brown sugar and dark and white chocolate dots. Mix, then add the melted butter, milk (or yoghurt and milk) and eggs and mix well. Three-quarters fill each of the muffin moulds.
Bake at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out.

They're very easy to make and very tempting once baked and, unlike most muffin mixtures, it's a very forgiving mixture if it is mixed just that little bit more than most muffin mixtures should be although I definitely would not beat the mixture - just gentle folding does the trick.

Using chocolate-flavoured yoghurt will make the muffins really sweet and extra chocolatey, however I hope that helps. :-))

tybal, Jun 30, 12:50am
Thanks for your replies. 245sam it was actually a Hansells brand. Muffins were a great idea, I made some yesterday & they are a hit! I will make more for the freezer to use up the remaining yoghurt. Thanks again :)

245sam, Jun 30, 1:00am
Thanks for clarifying re the brand of the chocolate yoghurt, tybal. I haven't bought any yoghurt mix for a while so hadn't noticed that Hansells had the chocolate mix. Very pleased that the muffins were a hit and you were/are able to make good use of the yoghurt in that way. :-))

2spotties, Apr 19, 9:43am
My kids didn't like the chocolate one either