fish

sqiggles, May 5, 4:26am
what is something that would be nice served with monkfish that is suitable for a family?
TIA

245sam, May 5, 4:38am
sqiggles how are you cooking the monkfish and what vegetables, etc. do you have available? :-))

sqiggles, May 5, 4:41am
I was prob just coating in flour & frying it... . but open to sugestions in that department! have potatoes, broc, carrots, kumera, mushrooms, onions etc.
Just sick of the same old :(

letitia, May 5, 4:48am
We like couscous. I make it with vegetable stock (just maggi or similar). I also cook in the microwave whatever vegetables I have (fresh or frozen), diced. Stir the veges into the cousous when it is ready and serve with the fish. When cooking the fish, sprinkle with morroccan seasoning and a dash of lemon jusice.

sqiggles, May 5, 4:52am
that sounds lovely, but have no couscous

245sam, May 5, 5:14am
sqiggles, for cooking method suggestions for the monkfish have a look at:-

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=277181

If you decide to have the oven going (e. g. for cooking the fish), how about a potato bake and baked grated carrots (maybe steam the broccoli and serve it as is or with a sauce - cheese? ), or maybe even better a potato and vegetable bakeor baked potatoes and a vegetable bake - with those vegetables and the fish you certainly have the makings of a very yummy meal. :-))

beaker59, May 5, 6:54am
With our snapper fillets the other day I just par boiled some potatoes cut into the shape of huge chips then fried them in a 50/50 mix of butter and oil until golden and some salad from the garden (greek yogurt/sweet thai chilli sauce/lemonjuice dressing also nice on the fish.

guest, Jul 13, 1:12pm
-1'