Strong prawn stock - ideas to use it please!

oli3, May 3, 2:48am
We had a kilo of big raw prawns, and after cooking them I boiled up all the heads to see if I could get something out of them, what resulted was a quantity of very strong prawn stock. It's delicious and just tastes of liquid prawns! Trouble is now I don't know what to do with it, I've frozen it in the meantime and did use some in a prawn laksa we made. Any ideas of how to use this gorgeous stuff? Don't want to waste it!

mazzy1, May 3, 6:21am
Use it in a nice hearty fish stew. I use a large cast iron pot, sauté onions in olive oil, add tomato paste and stir often until it goes kind of brown. Add white wine and 500ml of fish stock, then add chopped carrots, celery and red peppers. Simmer until sauce reduces, then add chunks of fish (I use monkfish) and frozen prawns and simmer for a little while. Season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme. We don't eat bread but if we did I would tear off big lumps of chiabatta and mop up the juice. YUM!

mazzy1, May 3, 6:22am
And I forgot to say that this freezes like a dream for those freezing cold winter days.

nauru, May 3, 6:42am
It would also make a lovely seafood chowder.

davidt4, May 3, 7:30am
Paella or other Spanish seafood rice dishes.

sally63, May 4, 6:56am
Yep would make a paella taste yuuuummmy! Oooh some other lovely suggestions here too.

luvmykicks, May 4, 7:02am
Risottos!

deus701, May 5, 12:00am
Laksa

bisloy, Aug 22, 10:42am
Any seafood yumminess, you lucky thing!