Cookessentials Help Please

cookessentials, Mar 24, 10:12pm
One of our favourites.

nzhel, Mar 25, 12:41am
I'm not a fan of salmon - would adding say small chunks of cooked chicken be as nice?

samanya, Mar 25, 1:01am
I can't see why not, smoked chicken would be nice.

holly-rocks, Mar 25, 4:22am
This recipe is one I always make as a wee treat when my Mum comes to visit! Thank you so much for the recipe cooks! Its a fav here too!

cookessentials, Apr 15, 11:54pm
You're very welcome

samsnan, Nov 8, 2:03am
I only have salmon shavings could I just use that? Not fussed on the spinach either so would red onion or spring onion spoil it. TIA

gerry64, Dec 20, 8:55pm
Mind has gone blank -can't remember the dressing for your orzo salad -have made it a million times -have got lemon at the ready but what else?

unknowndisorder, Dec 20, 9:04pm
"HOT SMOKED SALMON AND ORZO SALAD

1 cup orzo, cooked according to packet instructions
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
½ cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Grated rind 1 lemon
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups baby spinach leaves
200g hot-smoked salmon, broken into chunks

Place the orzo in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Fold through the peas, dill, lemon rind and parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Add the spinach and salmon and fold them through. Serve in bowls. You can also make it go further by adding wedges of hard boiled egg if you wish.

You only need to cook the orzo for a few minutes I add a little olive oil to the water,along with a pinch of salt. I taste with the teaspoon as it is cooking to get the right texture. You want it firmish,but that your teeth will go through it as opposed to mushy.

I drain and rinse under hot water - just to keep it hot, although you eat this warm or cold

This is e recipe that she has posted, the ipad isn't being nice with copy and paste at the moment so missed her name off the bottom, sorry :)

245sam, Dec 20, 9:06pm
gerry64, obviously I'm not cookessentials/Pam but here, from an earlier thread, is the recipe that I think you're referring to:-

"HOT SMOKED SALMON AND ORZO SALAD
1 cup orzo, cooked according to packet instructions
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
½ cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Grated rind 1 lemon
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups baby spinach leaves
200g hot-smoked salmon, broken into chunks

Place the orzo in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Fold through the peas, dill, lemon rind and parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Add the spinach and salmon and fold them through. Serve in bowls. You can also make it go further by adding wedges of hard boiled egg if you wish.

You only need to cook the orzo for a few minutes I add a little olive oil to the water,along with a pinch of salt. I taste with the teaspoon as it is cooking to get the right texture. You want it firmish,but that your teeth will go through it as opposed to mushy.

I drain and rinse under hot water - just to keep it hot, although you eat this warm or cold
Quote cookessentials (1205 ) 6:35 pm, Sun 5 Sep #" :-))

oops, sorry about the repetition - I had the recipe already to post and needed to answer the doorbell then didn't check before posting. :-))

gerry64, Jul 14, 4:56pm
thank you very much - I tried searching for it but couldn't find it - it is a fantastic salad - you can add whatever and it is always a hit - cheap as chips if you have to make a big salad to take somewhere - and leaving out the salmon still makes a lovely salad - I put whole cherry tomatoes instead