**wanted - PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE****

splatman1, May 3, 11:00pm
I love pumpkin soup! ! Does anyone have a nice recipe that's easy and really scrummy? ? ? It's that time of year where a nice hot steamy bowl of soup fills the gap nicely... ...

245sam, May 3, 11:07pm
splatman1, try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using 'pumpkin soup' as the Keywords and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option and you'll find a choice of pumpkin soup recipes from previous threads. :-))

fisher, May 3, 11:23pm
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Electric hand wand is ideal
Ingredients:
1 tbsp butter. . 1 large onion, chopped. . 2 cups chicken stock. . 1 kg "steamed" pumpkin, peeled. . 2 tsp grated fresh root ginger. .
1 tsp ground nutmeg. . 2 tbsp cornflour. . 2 cups milk. . salt and freshly ground black pepper. . 2 tbsp chopped parsley. .
Method:. .
Heat butter in a large saucepan. . Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Puree the steamed pumpkin, ginger and nutmeg with the chicken stock...
Now add to the onions... Cover and let simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until the ingredients are tender. . If required, puree the mixture again. Mix the cornflour into a small amount of the milk, then stir in the remaining milk. . Add to the soup mixture. .
Reheat, stirring constantly, until the soup thickens, then season with the salt and black pepper. . Sprinkle of chopped parsley on top.
Variations:...
Grate some potatoes or kumara into the mix while simmering...
Replace milk with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of cream... .
Add 1 tsp of curry powder or some very finely chopped rosemary...
Add some precooked bacon bits after puree...

fisher, May 3, 11:24pm
To make a Thai Pumpkin soup. .
Do exactly the same as above but add preferred amount of chilli with the onion and butter and use coconut milk instead of milk or cream

fisher, May 3, 11:26pm
You can do exactly the same thing as above but add the meat from a boiled bacon hock... for a bacon and pumpkin soup...

theanimal1, May 4, 12:23am
Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients 1oz (30g) butter 2lb (1kg) Pumpkin – peeled and cut into inch square pieces 1 medium onion 2 cloves stuck into the onion 2 tspn sugar salt to taste – pinch 2½ cup Chicken Stock 1 cup Milk Method 1. Place butter and pumpkin in crock pot and put onto high. When butter has melted, stir to coat pumpkin and cook for 1 hour on high. (If in hurry, just wait for butter to melt, stir and go to step 2 ignore the hour cooking – still turns out great just slightly less intense flavour). 2. Add onion, sugar, salt and stock. Cover and cook for 8-9 hours on Low OR 4-5 hours on High. 3. When ready to serve, remove the onion. 4. Puree soup in a blender or use a hand held device. 5. Add milk, to achieve correct consistency. (DO NOT add milk if intending on freezing – just freeze as is. Can add milk when thawed). 6. Serve with a sprinkling of Nutmeg and a dollop of sour cream

theanimal1, May 4, 12:24am
pumpkin soup... ... . . i large squash, 1 onion, 2 kumara, 1 tsp curry, 1 tsp cumin, 1 litre chicken stock. Cube pumpkin and kumara, chop up onion put everything into a pot and cook. then pureee to desired consistency

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pumpkin soup
half a pumpkin skinned and chopped into chunks
2tablespoons chicken stock
1 onion diced
ground pepper
half a tsp curry powder
2L water
50g butter

Simmer all ingredients until tender ( about 45 mins)
leave to cool, blend until smooth.
Add 50g of butter and heat through,
season with ground nutmeg.

splatman1, May 4, 1:17am
THANK YOU GUYS! ! ! ! ! ! ! awesome. My tummy is rumbling already.

waswoods, May 4, 5:43am
Look up purplegoana - she has a wonderful pumpkin soup recipe

waswoods, Mar 30, 4:05pm
Here you go ... I found PG's pumpkin soup for you:

"mine is a tm winner every winter. Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Soup
I use a whole lge white skinned ‘Crown or Grey pumpkins’, cut into wedges, peel skin, deseeded then half again, roast in olive oil with 1-2 lge garlic bulbs, broken into cloves and peeled. Separately dice & fry 5-6 rashers of bacon in a large saucepan. After bacon is browned add pumpkin pieces & garlic. Use a stick blender to blend into a smooth mix, adding enough chicken stock while blending until you get a nice thick soup consistency, then add, salt, pepper & 1tsp curry powder to taste. Reheat on low heat slowly and serve with grilled cheese toast. To impress guests add a dollop of sour cream just before serving, use a toothpick and draw lines from sour cream out into soup, then serve. Or add 1/2c of coconut cream for extra richness. "

I serve mine with South Island cheese rolls and it's winner everytime