Recipe for courgette pie

sticky232, Jan 10, 8:33am
Has anyone a recipe thanks

245sam, Jan 10, 8:45am
sticky232, here's a couple of recipes from the former Trade Me Cooks.

"Zucchini Pie
(for small families) 1and 1/2 cups grated zucc. 1/2 grated onion 3/4 grated cheese 2 eggs 1/2 cup s/r flour, s & p. dash sweet chilli sauce. put first 4 ingr. in bowl, mix well Add flour,sauce,salt & pepper. Pour mixture into greased pan, no more than half full as it rises. Top with sliced toms & grated parmesan cheese if liked. 200 deg. 25-40 mins. Stand 5 mins before cutting.
reposted by jaky"

"Courgette Cheese Pie
Ingredients * 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese * 3 cups grated courgettes * 1 cup baking mix * 1/2 cup oil * 2 Tbsp chopped parsley * 4 large eggs * Salt and Pepper to taste Method Mix the cheese, courgettes, baking mix, oil and pastry together in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs and seasoning. Add to the larger bowl and pour into a greased 23cm pie plate. Bake at 190 degC for 40 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve this with a tossed salad and a crunchy bread. You could add sundried tomatoes and, if desired, mix cheddar and feta together. Just take care with the seasoning if you are using feta, you won't need extra salt.
posted by sam924"

Hope one, or both, of above is what you're wanting. :-))

lythande1, Jan 10, 6:19pm
I made this the other night:
2 big zucchini
1 onion
2 slices streaky bacon
about 1/2 tin of tomato puree (from my freezer)
Basil, s& P
Chop all small, saute, add tomato and herbs etc.
Serve over noodles with a wee bit of grated cheese over.

It was more tasty than it sounds.

vonkrum, Jan 10, 11:04pm
I was given this recipe recently and its yummy.

Zucchini Quiche.
375g zucchinis
1 large onion
3 rshers bacon
1 cup cheese (grated)
1 cup SR Flour
3 ozs melted butter
4 eggs
Salt and pepper
mix altogether, bake at 180 for 30-40 mins.

motorbo, Jan 10, 11:21pm
interesting concept for a pie

pogram0, Jan 10, 11:59pm
I copied this recipe from a link on the NZ Herald website to the NZ Women's Weekly last week. I have not tried it yet but I'm going to make it this afternoon for dinner tonight.

Courgette, potato, parmesan and basil pie

This summer vegetable pie may sound simple, but do not underestimate it – it’s a knockout in every way! The secret is slicing the vegetables paper-thin and a decent mandolin is ideal for the job.
2 courgettes (or enough to yield 2 cups when thinly sliced)

2-3 large waxy potatoes, peeled
1 tbsp plain flour
Small handful fresh basil leaves
1 cup grated Parmesan
½ tsp salt
¼ black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Grease a 25cm pie dish.

Cut courgettes and potatoes separately into very thin slices using a mandolin, food processor or grater.
In a bowl, combine flour, basil, three-quarters of the Parmesan (setting aside the remainder for the top), salt and pepper. Using your hands, loosely toss the potatoes in the flour mixture to coat.
Start with a layer of potato mixture and add a layer of courgette. Repeat until you have five layers, finishing with the potato. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Serve in wedges, hot or at room temperature – it’s great either way. This pie reheats well too.

deanna14, Jan 29, 3:47pm
Courgette Pie

375 gms grated courgette
3 lean rashers of bacon
1 large onion finely chopped
1 cup grated cheese
100 gms butter or 1/2 cup of oil
1 cup SR flour
5 eggs, well beaten
Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly.
Pour into oven-proof dish and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes.

This slice can be eaten hot or cold and good served as a main meal with fresh salad. The bacon can be omitted for vegetarians.