Silicone cake pop mould

moparpete, Aug 22, 3:34am
Just purchased one .Would like to know the right temp to bake them and how long for.Also if anyone has a good recipe to share,please do. Do you pop the filled mould directly on the oven rack or do you place a tray under. The label only mentioned to clean it in warm soapy water hence all this questions. Thanks in advance.

therazor, Aug 22, 4:04am
I haven't used a full sized silicon cake pan but I have used a loaf tin. It was a quality piece so stood up well with the various batters (et al) in it. However, I have also had some that have needed another pan around or under for extra support. The biggest nightmare has been the individual cupcake pans. Flimsy and annoying to get clean. I almost always use a spray oil inside them due to them not quite releasing the cooked product. I just follow the temperature that is set in the recipe. With cleaning, I generally wash by hand in detergent and hot water but I sometimes throw them in the dishwasher. There is potential for them to leech toxins but the jury is still out on how great of a risk this presents.

redpearl, Dec 14, 12:08am
I put mine on an upside down cake rack. This gives the silicone mould some stability while not interfering with the heat. I cook about 10 degrees lower than recipe suggests.