Consumer Institute.breadmaker test result please

rovertniloc, Sep 29, 3:44am
I would like to know which breadmaker stood out in their testing. Am in the market for a new one.

herself, Sep 29, 5:18am
I'm sorry I can't help you with the consumer report on breadmakers but when I am looking for information from the Consumer Institute magazine I go to my local library. They have all the consumer magazines for the last couple of years as well as the current year, they are usually held in the reference section. Just ask the librarian and they will point you in the right direction.

charli, Sep 29, 6:37am
One model rose above the rest and is our only recommended model

Panasonic SD-2501 made an excellent loaf when we followed the manufacturers recipe and also made a very good loaf from the Multigrain premix. Ùn like the other models it didn't disappoint when making a gluten free loaf, it was the only one to do a good job.

red_scorpio, Sep 29, 7:27am
I read their reviews and decided to buy the Panasonic 2501 because I wanted to make gluten free loaves. I got one off TM, almost new and in perfect condition for less than $80 (up to $300 in the shops). To be honest I didn't think the GF loaves were that good but all the other loaves are AMAZING. The bread comes out perfect every time and the loaves are huge. It does have a long cycle though. I don't use premixes. I think the instructions for this model say you should add dry ingredients first and then wet but when I did it that way it didn't come out that great. My old one said wet ingredients first, then dry so I did it that way and my loaves are always perfect now.

marcs, Sep 29, 8:37am
Apparently after talking to someone in Perth who supplies bread mixes and do a bit of baking themselves, the Panasonic or Sunbeam brands are best in their opinion. I have a Sunbeam one and it is wonderful.

rovertniloc, Sep 29, 5:46pm
Thankyou all.

lythande1, Sep 29, 6:35pm
I didn't look at Consumer when I bought mine, I looked up the user reviews for them.

kaddiew, Sep 29, 7:00pm
I gave my trusty old Panasonic work horse to family when I tired of breadmaker bead, but I would buy Panasonic again if I ever got back into it.

korbo, Sep 29, 7:09pm
I have a Sanyo and Breville, and both do an excellent loaf.

lilyfield, Sep 26, 9:11am
i second the Breville, had it for years nevera failer. $ 100 well invested.