Nuts and bolts? Help please

maoate1, Dec 23, 10:30am
want to make nuts and bolts but recipe I have does not cook any part of. Have you made this and is this correct. thankyou

slimgym, Dec 24, 12:08am
nuts and bolts melt oil and butter together over a low heat. Add Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt paprika and cayenne pepper to butter oil mixture, Combine nutigrain and mixed nuts and place in a large baking dish. Pour butter/oil mixture over nutri grain and nuts and bake in a slow over 125c for app 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes with an egg slice

petal1955, Dec 24, 8:32am
NUTS & BOLTS

1 Packet of Nutrigrain
300g shelled roasted peanuts
1 Packet Onion Soup (Maggi)
1 Packet Cream of Chicken Soup (Maggi)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 dessertspoons curry powder
1/2 cup oil (warmed in the microwave)

Mix all ingredients together in a large plastic container or shake up in a strong plastic bag. Keep in a air tight container.

horrid1, Dec 25, 12:29am
When I make N&B I use two teaspoons of cayenne and no mustard. enough olive oil to dampen the nutrigrain, I Also add chopped mixed nuts, cashews, and some sultanas and raisins.
The mix does need cooking, otherwise the Nutrigrain gets awful soggy! About 20 minutes at 100 degrees, stir by tipping from one tray to another. Good Luck!

wheelz, Mar 1, 9:07am
My recipe is basically the same as post no:3, no cooking required. It did not go soggy at all, even after several weeks, but I would imagine that a cook would bring out the flavours nicely. which I will try next time.