Icing made from chocolate and cream

roys351, May 27, 7:19am
for some reason google wont let me I need a recipe both for a cake and rocky road

awoftam, May 27, 7:21am
500ml cream
500g best quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Pour the cream into a medium pot and heat it until it is almost but not quite boiling. You’ll know it’s ready when bubbles start to form around the edge of the pot. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stand for 2 minutes, then stir until the chocolate is fully melted into the cream. Whisk until smooth and glossy. When you start to stir it, you think it won’t come together, but it will.

If you’re not using the ganache straight away, store it in a jar in the fridge for up to two weeks. When you’re ready to serve it, gently warm in a pot or microwave to soften.

roys351, May 27, 7:25am
I used to put it all in one pot and it worked ok with the recipe I used to have wich was similar to yours, would that be ok?

awoftam, May 27, 7:29am
Roys, this is Annabel Langbein's recipe from google, and is the one I use. Works for me every time. I assume yours would, however the science of cooking is not my strong point.

buzzy110, Jul 3, 1:18am
I do mine slightly differently so that I can 'whip' the ganache if I want to make it thinner.

First I melt the chocolate at a low heat then I add in the cream and whisk till it is thoroughly combined. Depending on how much cream I use I can then either whip, or add icing sugar to make a chocolate icing.

I have found that once cream and chocolate are heated the mix does not whip up.