Question about chick peas

ajtrees, Sep 22, 7:26am
I have soaked dried chick peas overnight and then cooked them the next day for the required time but am not sure if I should leave them in water in the fridge (I cooked enough for a couple of days) or just drain and cover with cling film in a bowl. The tinned ones are usually in brine or springwater so I'm not sure if I should keep them in liquid?

beaker59, Sep 22, 7:32am
I keep them in the cooking water, which usually sets into a soft jelly, keeps them moist I add the jelly so some dishes like curries etc and for salads just rinse with water. If you pack hot into jars it keeps for a week or even near 2 weeks in the fridge.

nauru, Sep 22, 8:58am
I cook them in bulk, then put them into ziplock bags in useable portions and freeze them. You can thaw them out quickly by them into boiling water and then drain or use frozen in casseroles and soups etc.

daarhn, Oct 8, 11:51pm
If making batch of falafel then it's a soak over night with boiling water from kettle to cover a few inches and lid on. No need to cook, simple rinse and in the blender to make the mix.
If making casserole, then same overnight soak and then into pot or slow cooker with what ever you're making for soft juicy peas.
If making snacks then its the soak and boil until tender then fry with spices until crisp.
Or oven roasted with pumpkin and kumera and other veggies to make warm veggie chick pea salad.
For hummus, its the soak and gentle simmer until soft.
They are a staple so big batch prepped over weekend and into big plastic tub- well drained, kept in fridge for easy access.