Xmas pudd recipe please

accroul, Dec 20, 3:28am
I know it's a bit late to start making a pudd, but the dd has decreed that we need one! Basic but yummy recipe please.

nauru, Mar 24, 1:12am
Accroul, have you a crockpot/slow cooker? It's so easy cooking Christmas puddings that way. This is the recipe that I use every year, it's from Joan Bishop's Crockpot book. I've tried lots of others but always go back to this one, never had a fail yet and I've been making them for many years. The puddings are very nice to eat straight away and also keep very well if made well in advance.
Christmas Pudding
100g soft breadcrumbs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
600g mixed dried fruit
1/2 teasp ground nutmeg,
1 teasp mixed spice,
1 teasp ground cinnamon,
1/2 teasp ground ginger
100g butter
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 teasp baking soda
2 eggs beaten
1 tablsp brandy

Preheat CP on high for 20 minutes. Grease (8 cup capacity) pudding basin. Mix together in a large bowl breadcrumbs, flour and sugar. Add dried fruit & spices, stir well. Melt butter & syrup in a pan, remove from heat and add milk and soda, stir until dissolved. Add eggs and brandy. Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and stir thoroughly. Pour mixture into prepared pudding basin and cover tightly with both baking paper then foil and tie with string. Put basin into CP and place on a trivet in the base. Pour 3 cups boiling water around basin. Cover with lid and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Enjoy.
** I always add a grated carrot to the dried fruit too, a tip from my Granny, many, many years ago.