Crystilised Ginger

allurs, May 30, 10:55pm
Does anyone know if you can still buy this in those lovely jars. I got them in the past rom Chinese shops but have been unable to find any. Many thanks.

valentino, May 30, 11:56pm
Crystalised Ginger can be purchased in most stores bulk, packaged or in jars.

Unless looking for a particular brand then we need to know the name.

Cheers

kay141, May 31, 12:03am
I've found ginger in syrup at the local Asian stores but only in ordinary jars. No sign of the lovely ones, which was what I was hoping for. Ginger still tastes the same.

Crystallised ginger is usually in packets in the baking aisle or in the bulk bins.

allurs, May 31, 1:28am
Blast sorry I was meaning ginger in syrup!
I wil keep looking then I have tried 3 stores but nothing. Many thanks

kay141, May 31, 2:09am
I found it at Davis Trading, I think they have a branch there. It was a 250g jar and it was called Gingernuts in Syrup. Hope this helps. If you find the fancy jars, please let me know.

samanya, May 31, 6:26am
Are you wanting as a gift with good presentation, or do you need the syrup?
I buy ginger from Binn Inn . it's not the sugar coated stuff, far better imo, but it doesn't have a lot of liquid in. It's delicious.

hezwez, May 31, 6:36am
if you're looking for just the jars, type ginger jar in the search bar. There are several pretty ones such as http://tinyurl.com/pwe52ks

nauru, May 31, 8:16am
Yes, check out davis trading in Palmy, they stock all sorts of lovely things. Always get my tahini, legumes, herbs, spices and nut supply from there.

allurs, May 31, 9:54pm
Thanks so much everyone will go hunting and let you know

glasshalfull, Oct 13, 8:58pm
http://equagold.co.nz/product/glace-stem-ginger-1kg/

Not a syrupy as I would like but yummy all the same and good price.

Also the last jars I got were from.
Food Traders International 45B Rennie Drive. Airport Oaks, Mangere, Auckland.
Its called Opies Ginger Collection. made by Bennett Opie LTD. Sittingbourne, Kent ME102LE England.
Theres have plenty of syrup and come in the nice jars.

glasshalfull, Sep 3, 1:09am