Ideas for vegetarian dinner party

donna23, Jun 25, 12:17am
I would like some ideas for vegetarian mains (about 3-4) that "go" together and will compliment each other. Have got starter/entrée sorted and dessert but would like suggestions for mains, thanks

lisapisa2, Jun 25, 3:35am
Alison Holst's spinach& cottage cheese cannelloni is delicious, even meat eaters love it. Serve with salad & garlic bread. Yum!

huggy5, Jun 25, 3:41am

motorbo, Jun 25, 3:58am
what are you doing for the starter donna? im also keen on hearing ideas

taurus2005, Jun 25, 4:08am
this looks amazing - might have to give it a go.

donna23, Jun 25, 5:02am
For starter have savoury crepes which I am going to fill, some with a mushroom sauce which has port in it and some crepes with asparagus with cheese sauce over the top. Also have some veg "nibbles" which are raw veg (cauli, broccoli, snow peas anything you like) coated in a thin batter made with pea flour and quickly fried so outside is crisp and inside still crunchy.

motorbo, Jun 25, 5:29am
oh yum could I have the pea flour batter recipe please? do you have a dipping sauce for them?

gaspodetwd, Jun 25, 5:43am
Canneloni - spinach and ricotta topped with tomato sauce. Plus garlic bread and a nice green salad.

Or eggplant parmigiana.

donna23, Jun 25, 6:13am
Batter: 1/2 cup pea flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp cumin, 1 Tbsp vinegar, oil for frying. Mix ingreds together, dip veg & fry iun hot oil. Can be made into fritter type finger food by mixing 1 med potato mashed, 1/2 chopped red onion, 4 leaves either spinach or silverbeet and adding mixture to batter.
Serve with Raita (1 c greek yoghurt,chopped mint,chopped cucumber,pinch salt - well mixed together.Sprinkle cumin over top & refrigerate at least 30 mins.

motorbo, Jun 25, 6:58am
yum thank you

motorbo, Jun 25, 7:00am
may have my vege son for dinner this weekend, if I do I shall be making them . hence my interest in the thread. I was thinking indian or Italian as his partner isn't as keen on Asian

bev00, Jun 25, 11:53am
for veggoes.

donna23, May 2, 2:48am
motorbo, I have missed in the recipe that if you are making the batter to dip raw veg in, you need to add a small amount of water (in tbsp. lots) to get it to dipping consistency. If doing it as small fritters, no added water is necessary-just shape into patties and fry. Enjoy