Le Creuset.worth it?

Page 2 / 2
lindylambchops1, Feb 1, 7:27am
Thanks for taking the time to answer my query! I never thought to check out Wikipedia lol

lanceandkathrin, Feb 6, 7:00am
for those of you who are looking at buying LC… table pride dot co dot nz has a closing down sale with reduced prices on LC. Some good savings to be had….

daisyhill, Feb 6, 7:13am
I'm late to reply to this, but we have never had any trouble with the (extremely quick) shipping from the UK. The pots come in their proper LC boxes, including the little plastic bits between the lid and main pot, and that is then packed in another sturdy cardboard box. I suppose there is always a risk with anything that is sent through the mail, but there is no particular reason to worry in this case.

rumpelstiltskin, Feb 6, 8:50am
Purchased both mine via FlyBuys too. They are still available but you need approx 1800 points. Superb for curries, casseroles etc. Confident they will last my lifetime!

tielfan, Feb 6, 9:04am
When my husband moved in he had a huge set of LC! He loves them. Me not so much after dropping the skillet on my foot!

firemansgirl, Feb 6, 9:47am
A 28 INCH pan? Giggles. 28cm definitely.

duckmoon, Feb 6, 10:15am
Ops, you are right

bev00, Feb 6, 11:40am
good info here

sampa, Feb 6, 9:30pm
Yep, that would end the love affair. with the pans at least, hope hubby was a keeper. ;-)

twindizzy, Feb 6, 9:56pm
Not quite the same but had a very expensive Le Creuset pan and it was crap. Circulon all the way (old circulon not new).

patsprat, Feb 7, 12:47am
I wanted an LC but couldn't afford it, bought a very similar looking one from Stevens about 6/7 years ago and and I love it. Very heavy, great for stove top to oven and back and have no issues with cleaning. I am sure that things taste better out of it than from a glass casserole. And then the colour was exactly right for my kitchen, didn't really want red or orange.
It's oval which fits lots in.

artemis, Feb 7, 12:57am
Try YouShop, the NZ Post service where you get stuff sent to their address in USA, Europe or China. Works esp well if free shipping is offered as then only pay for their address to NZ. I've used it a few times, mainly for nutritional supplements which are way cheaper than NZ even with shipping.

Edit - I'm a Staub fan.

teddy147, Feb 7, 6:36am
yes me too, I use mine at least once a week.

aj.2., Mar 21, 8:49am
Wife won a set , never been used, just sitting in a box.
They are too heavy for her to use, and also we have other pots and pans to use, also slow cookers.