Club sandwiches

wiggy, Apr 30, 11:07pm
Hi I got some ideas just wanting a few more to help me out thanks

rog.e, Apr 30, 11:46pm
Please give us your ideas so we don't double up.
V

cookessentials, May 1, 12:40am
SMOKED SALMON FINGER SANDWICHES
50g softened butter
16 slices wholemeal bread
¼ cup (75g) lemon and dill mayonnaise
1 thinly sliced large avocado
200g smoked salmon slices
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped dill
1 thinly sliced Lebanese cucumber
salt and pepper

This recipe makes 24 sandwiches and can be made 8 hours ahead. When preparing ahead, keep sandwiches moist by sprinkling with shredded iceberg lettuce before wrapping tightly in plastic. Remove lettuce before serving.

Spread butter thinly over one side of slices of wholemeal bread, then spread with mayonnaise. Arrange avocado over half the bread slices, top with smoked salmon slices, dill and cucumber and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices. Cut crusts off each sandwich; cut into 3 fingers. Cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to serve.

familychch, May 1, 12:58am
do a search for Tupperware
the jell ring ones...

eastie3, May 1, 1:29am
Poached chicken with mayo and shredded basil, redcurrant jelly and finely sliced lettuce.

Good old egg mayonnaise, lettuce as above, asparagus.

Tinned salmon with a little good mayo to bind, telegraph cucumber sliced thin on a mandoline and marinated in white balsamic vinegar and iceberg lettuce that has been rolled up with mint leaves and sliced very finely. I like lettuce !

Butter the bread right to the edges, crusts cut off with an electric knife, cut in half and stand on end. Can be sprinkled with very finely cut parsley. Present on white platters. I used to do hundreds at a time.

bigjules1, Mar 20, 5:16pm
I do a three tiered one... ... ham/tomato first then egg (mashed with a little mayo) and lettuce, and then luncheon and pickle. It makes a lovely moist club sandwich. Always cut your s/wiches with a very sharp knife (preferably an electric knife), they look so much better if not squashed.