Raw honey

toeblister, Oct 23, 9:00pm
can someone please help me I wish to make Ginger tea. the recipe calls for raw honey I have Manuka. would it makea huge difference. Many thanks

buzzy110, Oct 23, 9:09pm
What is the recipe? If the honey is used solely for sweetening then you can used heat treated honey. I probably wouldn't use Manuka honey. It is not only expensive (there are cheaper ones around) but it has a stronger taste which may overpower the concoction you are making. Rewa rewa or clover honey are pleasant and mild in flavour.

Maybe the raw honey was in the recipe because it was a 'healthy, natural' recipe using unprocessed ingredients. If so, and you are not aiming for "really, really" healthy or unprocessed, then use whatever honey you want.

toeblister, Oct 23, 9:17pm
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes it is a healthy website
I got the recipe from. I love Ginger and it this Ginger tea recipe aims to help a lot of conditions. I shall get some clover honey up the road.

sarahb5, Oct 26, 1:54am
I actually have honey, lemon and ginger spread that I bought in Wellington recently - very rare that it gets spread on anything, usually eat it straight from the jar, but it is delicious drizzled over Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit or vanilla ice cream - from honey bee in willis street

kay141, Aug 13, 8:45am
Ooh I must go and have a look.

I made lemon, ginger and honey syrup a few months ago. I used some comb honey I had which had gone sugary. The wax melted as I cooked the syrup. I put it in a bowl to cool, the wax set and then I strained it through an old tea towel.