Wild pork

pericles, Jan 12, 1:17am
anything I should know before cooking it, if it thaws in time

beaker59, Jan 12, 2:11am
Wild Pork is hugely varied from fat little porkers that cook up the same as supermarket pork but with more flavor through to mangy old Boars that taste like old socks though probably not as pleasant for texture as said socks. Most though is nice slow cooked adding fat is usually a good idea.

pericles, Jan 12, 2:13am
beaker, thanks I know the person that shot the pig. There is hardly any fat on it. In total I have 3 large roasts

beaker59, Jan 27, 3:56pm
Christmas before last I roasted two chickens leaving all the fat in the pan the next day I slow roasted a shoulder of wild pork slowly over 5 hours basting constantly with the chicken fat in a covered roasting pan lots of garlic sage and rosemary it was probably the nicest piece of pork ever from my kitchen.

That pork was from a brother-in-law famous for presenting me with extreme cooking challenges, the same day I roasted the biggest shoulder of Mutton I have ever seen a semi wild one from the back of his east coast farm I did that in my Webber Kettle over charcoal for 5 hours, also spectacular 20 guests staying in our house that year, awesome fun.