Wanting to make fudge but not sure what.

jesse1238, Aug 6, 9:14am
Hi i want to start to make chocolate fudge but I'm unsure on what kind of chocolate to use, do i use normal diary milk or does it need to be a special one? cheers

245sam, Aug 6, 9:26am
jesse1238, I assume that you mean chocolate fudge as in confectionery not chocolate fudge cake? If it's the confectionery fudge, I can't help you from experience because sweet-making is something I haven't really ever got into however I have seen recipes posted here on the Recipes MB that use chocolate buttons and/or chocolate melts while others use and recommend 70% chocolate, or even white chocolate, so IMO it does not appear to be essential that "a special one" is used although I would expect that the better the chocolate, the better the fudge BUT having had that thought I have also seen some recipes that do not use chocolate at all and use cocoa instead.

Hope that helps - good luck and have fun. :-))

jesse1238, Aug 6, 9:53am
okay thanks for that i suppose only way is to get some and make some then move on from there, thanks for your help :)

fizzy_kiwi, Aug 6, 10:04am
Edmonds is easy. I have never made fudge with real chocolate but I would probably use a good eating chocolate rather than chips or compound which has stabilisers and other chemical nonsense.

25g butter
2 cups sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Combine sugar, butter, cocoa and milk in large pot on COLD element. Boil to soft ball or 114 celsius, remove from heat and stir in vanilla essence and stir until it starts to thicken then pour into a buttered or paper lined dish.

The thicker you beat the faster it will cool but if slightly runny it will spread in the dish and look nicer. For best result use a wooden spoon, using metal spoons can do crazy things to the sugar.

crails, Aug 6, 10:47am
I melt together 500g Diarymilk with one can of highalnder condensed milk over a low heat. When all combined I pour into a lined square cake tin and leave it to set. Its smooth creamy and utterly delicious and doesn't have that grainy texture that normal fudge has if not cooked right

valentino, Aug 6, 8:35pm
This is easy as and is a recipe from Nestles. Try it if you want a simple no fail recipe.

Choc caramel fudge.

125g Butter
2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup brown sugar
100g White Chocolate Melts (I use Nestlé)
Handful of dark chocolate melts.

Melt the butter in a pan.
Remove from heat, add the brown sugar and stir until combined with the butter.
Add the condensed milk and stir until combined with the sugar and butter.
Add the golden syrup, mix and return to a low heat. Stir the mixture constantly for 10 minutes (be careful not to let the mixture get to hot or boil to rapidly as the sugar will start to crystallise - which tastes quite nice but ruins the smooth consistency. If the mixture does start to crystallise remove from the heat immediately and stir rapidly).

Remove from the heat and add the chocolate melt. Mix until smooth.

Pour the mixture into a 7cm x 25cm bar tin, refrigerate until set.

Drizzle a small amount of melted dark chocolate across the top for decoration. Cut into cubes. Resist the urge to eat it all before letting others have a piece

arielbooks, Aug 7, 1:56am
I have a microwave one at home that uses Icing sugar. Easy and yum, will dig it out tonight.

tippsey, Aug 7, 5:08am
I would be interested in the microwave chocolate fudge recipe please arielbooks. I have usually mad the good old Edmonds recipe.

bev00, Jan 18, 2:16am
recycling