what to do with boneless skinless chicken thighs?

lrosebudl, Apr 28, 8:10pm
All you wonderful cooking experts ... . what's a good recipe to use these with ... . bought them cos they were the cheapest bit of the chicken! ... . . can I do a casserole or something in a slow cooker? Any fantastic recipes would be greatly appreciated :-)

cookessentials, Apr 28, 8:15pm
I buy them and actually find them preferable becuse the meat is very tender. I do a Mediterranean chicken dish. All I do is saute chopped onion, add a tin of chopped tomatoes, some pitted black and stuffed green olives, a few capers, tomato paste to taste a dash of white wine and seasoning. I place the thighs in an oven proof dish and pour over the tomato mixture, stirring it through. Bake at about 170C until chicken is tender and cooked through.

lrosebudl, Apr 28, 8:17pm
yum - could be dinner tonight for our visitors! and I actually have all the ingredients! ! thank you

cookessentials, Apr 28, 8:27pm
If you like caper berries, I sometimes put those in instead of the capers. Caper berries are much bigger- they usually come in a jar.

herself, Apr 28, 9:52pm
I like to use chicken thighs when making Thai curries. So tasty!

cookessentials, Mar 14, 3:06pm
Divine Stuffed Chicken Thighs

I found this recipe which you may find a nice change also, it is certainly one that I will be making.

8 chicken thighs (skinless and boneless)

8 small tsp favourite curry paste, chutney or pesto

16 fresh basil leaves

6 Tbsp sliced sun dried tomatoes

125g Puhoi Valley Farm Fresh goat's cheese

8 rashers Kiwi Streaky bacon

½ cup white wine

Method

Place chicken thigh on a flat surface and smear with curry paste or pesto.

Lay two basil leaves in the centre of the chicken. Top with sundried tomatoes (well drained) and place Puhoi Valley Farm Fresh goat's cheese in slices or crumble over the tomatoes.

Roll up and then wrap 1 rasher Kiwi streaky bacon around each parcel and place snuggly in a baking dish.

Drizzle over the wine and bake for 45-50 minutes at 175 degC fan bake - let rest for a few minutes then slice and place on a plate with a drizzle of the cooking juices over the meat.

Cook's tips:

This recipe uses 8 chicken boneless and skinless chicken thighs or you could use 4 large double, skinless, boneless breasts cut in half - this will feed 5-6 people. Any left-over cold makes a perfect sandwich filling.

This recipe is so simple but looks amazing and friends and family will think you have gone to so much trouble.

Puhoi Valley Farm Fresh Goat Cheese is mild, light and creamy, with a citrusy tang. Perfect to use as a stuffing with Mediterranean flavours like in today's Divine Stuffed Chicken Thighs. It's a perfect match to the tomatoes and fresh basil. If you do not have basil you can use a spinach leaf instead.

Cooking times will vary according to the thickness of the chicken.