Frozen roast pork-slow cooker

marley251, Mar 23, 8:21pm
If I put a frozen roast pork in the slow cooker now on high would it be ready by 6.30! It's about 1.3kg

bo0tsey, Mar 23, 8:26pm
I did one a few weekends ago, it was thawed tho and I put it on low from probably 11 till 6. It could be done by then! Hubby put our pork roast in the fridge overnight so ours isn't thawed yet either :(

Slow cooker tip, put an upside down saucer in the bottom and sit the pork on that. Stops it cooking in its own fat. Then we sliced off the fat and grilled it for a bit of crackling

veejay13, Mar 23, 9:00pm
I think most of the slow-cooker books recommend that you don't cook frozen meat in them.Can you thaw it in the microwave first!

bedazzledjewels, Mar 23, 9:46pm
Never a big hunk of frozen meat in a slow-cooker. Always thaw it first.

rainrain1, Mar 23, 10:05pm
You can cook meat from frozen in the slow cooker, just takes more time

robyn35, Mar 23, 11:57pm
you can but its not actually recommended as the frozen meat against the warm crock pot can crack the bowl, also there is some concern as to whether the middle of the meat gets hot enought during the cooking to kill off any bacteria (particually with chicken)

rainrain1, Mar 24, 12:10am
Them's the rules are they! I'm not good at obeying the rules, just about every piece of beef corned or otherwise goes in frozen, or no-one would get fed half the time !